| SPRTSBK Last game of week 0/1: BYU vs Navy -1

Game went completely different than what I thought it would. My wife's glad I don't bet with real $
Central Arkansas was a far better team; they should won by at least 14 and that over should have hit. But...

I caught wind of the C-19 yesterday around 2ET yesterday. It was confirmed around 5ish and then really started making its way around a few hours before kickoff. It didn't hit AP as hard as the first news led me to believe but it certainly raised its ugly head with Peay's long snapper (under quarantine.)

I see another 200K hit the books an hour and a half before kick...someone peeking at others wagers @252BAMA ? o_O 🤡

2a.jpg

Just got in late. Was skimming through and happened to see "Event closes in 18 minutes" and said WTF? I didn't even know they were playing last night. The -4 should have been a steal. Hell they should have covered 4TDs not 4 points. I think the book closed an hour early.

Central Arkansas was a far better team; they should won by at least 14 and that over should have hit. But...

I caught wind of the C-19 yesterday around 2ET yesterday. It was confirmed around 5ish and then really started making its way around a few hours before kickoff. It didn't hit AP as hard as the first news led me to believe but it certainly raised its ugly head with Peay's long snapper (under quarantine.)

I see another 200K hit the books an hour and a half before kick...someone peeking at others wagers @252BAMA ? o_O 🤡

View attachment 14663
Ok I'll man up lol. I saw what you did, researched and saw the covid news. That's why I thought AP would come out flat. But before I found out the covid news, I thought it would be more of a 30ish high 20ish affair

You know what, guys? It just dawned on me...if Central Arkansas wins Thursday night (@ UAB) they'll have the first two wins of the 2020 season. That's unprecedented.

LOL. I'm going to give everyone a freebie here. This game is the "Underdog Lock of the Year". UAB wins by 2-3 TDs. I already have 55K on it and might do 55K more.

Now that I look, you're right. It was a pretty late line to be published to begin with...

BYU at Navy is set to close 9/5. That game is on Monday, 9/7. Looks as if we bet that one too early. Line is down to 1.5 in Vegas and two of the online books have it at 1.

Edit: Westgate just went to -1.

Last edited:
My brother has spent the first two weeks of each season in Las Vegas for the past 20+ years because the odds makers don't have a clue until the 3rd or 4th week. Of course he didn't bother going this year and will probably wish that he had because they really really don't have a clue this year.

Back
Top Bottom