| FTBL L🅰️NK. The Documentary (embedded now.)

I just think it’s weird when fans start to latch onto it. And after a while, it gets old (to me).
I wouldn't use the word "weird." Unique? Yeah. I'm fascinated. In this ever emerging NIL world people have said things that imply Bama couldn't keep up with other programs. Yes, they aren't offering a lease on a Lambo like TX. BUT, like the guy said in the doc, they turned it into a MULTI-MILLION dollar project; in a few months.

The fans did that.

I'd forgotten about "AUsome." Touche'.

I wouldn't use the word "weird." Unique? Yeah. I'm fascinated. In this ever emerging NIL world people have said things that imply Bama couldn't keep up with other programs. Yes, they aren't offering a lease on a Lambo like TX. BUT, like the guy said in the doc, they turned it into a MULTI-MILLION dollar project; in a few months.

The fans did that.

And that's one of the positives, which (NIL and recruiting wise) are absolutely necessary in this arena where Bama lacks the big pocket corporate backers that others have. To be clear, I'm glad they're doing it and glad they (the athletic program as a whole) have set up the student athletes across all the sports to do more of it with the leading resources that have been provided. I was never even going to mention my take on all of it, but I saw @50+yeartidefan's comment and knew he was going to take some arrows. I felt obligated to join him on the hill.

Well. There are lots of slogans. Some have longevity. Some fade into the night.

I admire these guys making money for themselves...not asking for hanouts.
If it develops a life and lives long n prosperous...great
If it lives...dies off....but served its purpose.....for this team...great to

I’m not a huge fan of acronyms or slogans, but understand the need.

I won’t wear any LANK apparel, but to be fair I don’t wear apparel with RTR on it either, I have however spent a good penny on LANK stuff for my kids

I will say Bama has done a great job with slogans, Built by Bama, Where Legends Are Made, and now LANK, really good on the school to embrace LANK and allow them to use the script A

The fans did that.

And " VFL". Vols for Life

Built by Bama, Where Legends Are Made
These are easily defendable by just looking at CNS success sending people to the league as well as the history of the program. If we stop sending people to the NFL the Built by Bama will have a short shelf life. Where Legends are Made has the history and tradition of Bama football to point to so it has more staying power to continue to market.

LANK will work while people are doubting Bama as they see slipping play on the field like what started happening the last 2 years or so. What I hope is that doubting fades away as CKD shows he is going to field dominant teams that meets the Bama standard.

We laugh at the Barn because they cannot back up their slogans. So it comes across as what it is, gimmicky and a false narrative. People see through it.

Last edited:
We laugh at the Barn because they cannot back up their slogans. So it comes across as what it is, gimmicky and a false narrative. People see through it.
I almost mentioned this earlier; but on the flip side.

The last time Bama just screwed up on marketing a slogan? "Got Shula" off a 'effin milk carton.

In my life, this ranks just below who one of the Kardashian's are ... it's sort of ironic you see them with NBA players. No defense to the "zone" in either world. They laugh about three second violations.
Not fully sure what you are saying but I think we are agreeing:). I see very little value in the Karashians so I get the comparison to the Barn.

Not fully sure what you are saying but I think we are agreeing:). I see very little value in the Karashians so I get the comparison to the Barn.
So, you do get what I'm saying there.

Give me one reason to pay attention to Auburn right now? There's a few...ya know, like not breaking .500.

Back
Top Bottom