| FTBL Kentucky gets a plane

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
I

imported_porkchop

This is a little surprising to me. UK is just now getting into the jet stream.

Deaton and Mullens noted that as many as two-thirds of Kentucky's competing schools in the Southeastern Conference owned their own planes.

UK Getting a Jet

TerryP said:
A third doesn't have planes?!?!?!

And we have more than one at the disposal of the staff at any given opportunity?

I know! I was like....WOW! I just assumed pretty much all of the schools had one or had almost on the spot access to one.

I wonder which ones don't. If you think about the number of schools that Saban was allowed to visit during recruiting (not to mention states) it is an incredible recruiting advantage.

I would think MSU is one. What about Vandy? They don't seem to place as much emphasis on recruiting so they might be one. Though you'd think that all the schools would still have a plane even if it wasn't for that purpose.

Well, if one third doesn't have a plane, that would mean what? 4 of the 12 don't have one. I'd guess UK (this one we know), Vandy, MSU, and then either Ole Miss or USC? Does AU have one or do they use Lowder's?

porkchop said:
I would think MSU is one. What about Vandy? They don't seem to place as much emphasis on recruiting so they might be one. Though you'd think that all the schools would still have a plane even if it wasn't for that purpose.

Vandy seems to be a school that would have one considering the Doctors that have come out of there. Who knows?

Ole Miss as well?

If I had the time I'd ask around different SEC forums and see.

Bama Bo said:
Well, if one third doesn't have a plane, that would mean what? 4 of the 12 don't have one. I'd guess UK (this one we know), Vandy, MSU, and then either Ole Miss or USC? Does AU have one or do they use Lowder's?

Nope, those MSU folks have one...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9g4axEXZdI[/youtube]

Porter said:
Bama Bo said:

Nope, those MSU folks have one...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9g4axEXZdI[/youtube]

LOL.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bama Bo said:

No way the old ball coach would go to SC without access to a jet. That probably leaves OM. I'd say Ark, but they have some pretty rich boosters.

I don't know if Vandy has a plane or not, but their golf team passed me on the interstate on 285 in Atlanta in one of these today.

bg_intro.jpg

You have to think this is just in Football right? I know they have been using Jets when it comes to Basketball. Well at least I believe so...

Back
Top Bottom