| FTBL Justin Fields' Injury

Fields showed some guts for sure but more impressive was his throwing the deep ball. Not afraid to go over the top so have to get pressure. Also, going to have to deal with their very good running back. Not sure what his name is but he ran hard!!! Better bring your toughness to this game if you are going to tackle that guy.

This is an interesting video about the possible/likely damage that occurred...whiplash with concussion are mentioned as concerns. Pretty interesting...

This caught my eye.

What adds to the controversy is clearly no X-rays were done in the tent. This is also not the first time as the medical staff had injection supplies in the tent ready to go. I am not saying this is bad form. During my time as a NFL team physician, there was no tent, but we did do injections sometimes even in the stadium tunnel. As long as informed consent was given and understood this is considered appropriate but I get that some may ask if that is possible so quickly in a tent without X-rays and our standards may be different for “amateur” players.
I hate the way this starts, "no X-Rays in the tent." As stated in this thread already, there are no X-ray machines in ANY tent on the sidelines. It's dishonest.

What really gets me tickled is how he frames this as "standards may be different for amateur players" when these damn tents were invented by students and for these amateur players. But their standards ... using the same equipment. The privacy and abilities to treat players on the sidelines is possible due to these guys.

Reeks of academia condescendingly speaking.

This caught my eye.

What adds to the controversy is clearly no X-rays were done in the tent. This is also not the first time as the medical staff had injection supplies in the tent ready to go. I am not saying this is bad form. During my time as a NFL team physician, there was no tent, but we did do injections sometimes even in the stadium tunnel. As long as informed consent was given and understood this is considered appropriate but I get that some may ask if that is possible so quickly in a tent without X-rays and our standards may be different for “amateur” players.
I hate the way this starts, "no X-Rays in the tent." As stated in this thread already, there are no X-ray machines in ANY tent on the sidelines. It's dishonest.

What really gets me tickled is how he frames this as "standards may be different for amateur players" when these damn tents were invented by students and for these amateur players. But their standards ... using the same equipment. The privacy and abilities to treat players on the sidelines is possible due to these guys.

The litmus test would be if the medical people had concerns that would warrant x-rays but either did not recommend it or they did and it was ignored. Those would be hard to prove unless someone speaks up. They can fall back to the it was "my professional opinion based on my examination it was not needed" positions.

This caught my eye.

Fair point, but to not do X-rays at halftime?

OSU won't say much about his injury for this week. I suspect Bama will test him to see if he'll run or not.

They don't even have him listed on the injury report. Waddle is listed as questionable!

[WR] 01/02/2021 - Jaylen Waddle is "?" Monday vs Ohio State ( Ankle )​
[DL] 01/02/2021 - Labryan Ray is "?" Monday vs Ohio State ( Elbow )​
[OL] 12/20/2020 - Landon Dickerson is out for season ( Knee )​
[DE] 12/11/2020 - Ishmael Sopsher left the team ( Transferred )​
[LB] 11/13/2020 - Kevin Harris II left the team ( Transferred )​
[RB] 11/09/2020 - Trey Sanders is out for season ( Hip )​
[WR] 01/02/2021 - Cameron Brown is "?" Monday vs Alabama ( Undisclosed )​
[WR] 01/02/2021 - Jaylen Harris is "?" Monday vs Alabama ( Undisclosed )​
[DE] 01/02/2021 - Tyler Friday is "?" Monday vs Alabama ( Undisclosed )​
[DT] 01/02/2021 - Zaid Hamdan is "?" Monday vs Alabama ( Undisclosed )​
[LB] 01/02/2021 - Cade Kacherski is "?" Monday vs Alabama ( Undisclosed )​
01/02/2021 - Kourt Williams is "?" Monday vs Alabama ( Undisclosed )

[TR]
[TD]
[DL] 01/02/2021 - Jacolbe Cowan is "?" Monday vs Alabama ( Undisclosed )​

[TR]
[TD]
[OL] 01/02/2021 - Harry Miller is "?" Monday vs Alabama ( Undisclosed )​
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
[RB] 01/02/2021 - Master Teague is "?" Monday vs Alabama ( Undisclosed )​
[/TD]