| FTBL Justin Fields' Injury

I heard them say that no xrays were done in the tent nor at half-time. He took a shot and was in obvious pain all night. The possibility of at least fractured ribs and a reasonable possibility of kidney damage would have indicated the necessity of xrays. They basically decided to shoot him up and deal with the consequences later. This, in my humble opinion, is an ethical issue. The man couldn't even get up on the stationary bike without severe pain. I will give it to him, it was one of the grittiest performances I have ever seen in college football. However, his coaches and tOSU medical staff did not take proper precautions or care of him. Not sure why this isn't getting more coverage.

I doubt ESPN will badmouth a Little 10 school til after the season. This story does need to be run though.

This is a whole lot like the story of the Iowa St. player back in '23 that the talking heads talked about today.

Player decision in my opinion. UA has had players make the same choice. McElroy played the NC against Texas with broken ribs and pain shots. Heck Dylan Moses just came out and said he has had knee pain every game this year
Agreed patient choice is the most important thing in medical care in my opinion. The important question here is that can complete informed consent be given if proper assessment and diagnosis has not been given?

Player decision in my opinion. UA has had players make the same choice. McElroy played the NC against Texas with broken ribs and pain shots. Heck Dylan Moses just came out and said he has had knee pain every game this year

You replied quicker than me, but that's what I was going to point out. If they are indeed fractured (which I was wondering myself), he can and will play like McElroy did, but it will certainly alter his style of play.

I heard them say that no xrays were done in the tent nor at half-time. He took a shot and was in obvious pain all night. The possibility of at least fractured ribs and a reasonable possibility of kidney damage would have indicated the necessity of xrays. They basically decided to shoot him up and deal with the consequences later. This, in my humble opinion, is an ethical issue. The man couldn't even get up on the stationary bike without severe pain. I will give it to him, it was one of the grittiest performances I have ever seen in college football. However, his coaches and tOSU medical staff did not take proper precautions or care of him. Not sure why this isn't getting more coverage.

They don't have an x-ray machine in the tent.

If he has "serious" injuries, it won't be a player decision. tOSU will not accept the liability of letting him play.

You right he didn't get no x-ray. That hit he got was full force to his middle section! But, he couldn't get on the bike, but he could go out and play light out.

My thing is, if he gets hit pretty good in that same spot, of which I'm sure the medical staff will have taped and padded very well, and it causes him a good deal of pain or maybe even some difficulties keeping his breath, that will, indeed, affect him and his throwing. And if our guys figure it out and they OSU coaches don't pull him, he'll be in some serious pain the rest of the game from our guys beating on him pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom