| FTBL Just some food for thought.....

sk33tr

el jefe
I know those of us, here, aren't really the doom and gloom type (for the most part). We know this team, we know this coach, and we know our history. That said, for those that are still a bit miffed at last week's loss; here's some info for you:

2011 - 1 loss (LSU).....still won the championship
2012 - 1 loss (aTm).....still won the championship
2015 - 1 loss (Ole Miss).....still won the championship
2017 - 1 loss (Auburn).....still won the championship

So unless we take another loss, we're still in it (especially after yesterday and #2 Iowa's loss). My main concern is the SEC Championship Game (if we make it that far). If we have to play Georgia, it'll be a tough-as-hell game for us as they're firing on all cylinders at the moment. But, as we all know, anything can happen. They could lose to Florida AND Tennessee. Florida is the anomaly, though. At times, they look great. Other times, not so much. They'll need to bring their best game to beat UGA and cause a little chaos in the East. As well, I think Tennessee has a real shot at beating UGA, too. They're not on the same level as Florida, but if they can put together a good game, they can give UGA a run for their money and maybe make them make some mistakes along the way and pull off an upset.

And Auburn still has Ole Miss and aTm to play. Both of those teams can beat Auburn. They have the staff and players to do so. Hell, Miss State can give them a good game if they can get their defense to do something more than what they have been.

That said, BAMA control's their own destiny right now. They just need to take it 1 game at a time, not worry about anyone else, and dominate the guy they're playing against, and make his ass quit (still get chills watching that video).

I know those of us, here, aren't really the doom and gloom type (for the most part). We know this team, we know this coach, and we know our history. That said, for those that are still a bit miffed at last week's loss; here's some info for you:

2011 - 1 loss (LSU).....still won the championship
2012 - 1 loss (aTm).....still won the championship
2015 - 1 loss (Ole Miss).....still won the championship
2017 - 1 loss (Auburn).....still won the championship

So unless we take another loss, we're still in it (especially after yesterday and #2 Iowa's loss). My main concern is the SEC Championship Game (if we make it that far). If we have to play Georgia, it'll be a tough-as-hell game for us as they're firing on all cylinders at the moment. But, as we all know, anything can happen. They could lose to Florida AND Tennessee. Florida is the anomaly, though. At times, they look great. Other times, not so much. They'll need to bring their best game to beat UGA and cause a little chaos in the East. As well, I think Tennessee has a real shot at beating UGA, too. They're not on the same level as Florida, but if they can put together a good game, they can give UGA a run for their money and maybe make them make some mistakes along the way and pull off an upset.

And Auburn still has Ole Miss and aTm to play. Both of those teams can beat Auburn. They have the staff and players to do so. Hell, Miss State can give them a good game if they can get their defense to do something more than what they have been.

That said, BAMA control's their own destiny right now. They just need to take it 1 game at a time, not worry about anyone else, and dominate the guy they're playing against, and make his ass quit (still get chills watching that video).
If Bama plays the rest of the season like they did in the second half against MS then Bama definitely has a shot at another NC. However, unless UGA has some major hidden flaws it would probably require that Bama beat the doggies twice and that’s a tough mountain to climb. Not impossible but not a gimme either. For me, I’m just going to enjoy the remainder of the season one game at a time and let the proverbial chips fall just exactly as they will. RTR!

Had a chat with my brother last night who's convinced UGA is going to run away with it this year. I tried to explain how much pressure they will be under in December and how they've handled that historically... I really believe that the Bama loss is going to change the entire dynamic of that game in terms of mentality and approach.

It's not about who's the best team now, it's about who is playing best at the turn of the year. So much time for injuries, line up changes, improvements, setbacks, suspensions, coaches to start thinking about their next jobs.... UGA & Kirby are going to be under enormous pressure down the stretch, with Bama in the rare "hunter" mentality. I can't wait for that game.

Now on the other hand, it's going to be a hellove a challenge to beat them twice if that game happens in the Championship. Because the loser always has that motivational advantage. But we can worry about that in January! RTR

Bama needs to focus on improving otherwise they may not get a chance at an SEC Championship game. We have already seen what happens when this team does not prepare well and bring their A game. So far the team has not shown the ability to stay focused and play consistently good football in back to back games. Of all weeks please let this week be the one where they do bring it in back to back weeks.

Hey 50+, The marbles can fall where they may (after beating ut) as long as that includes wins over lsu and the barn.
@mando

Quality of life issues. I have to live with the
Pumpkin heads

So f'ing delusional

Article about TN from sat nite. Dont know if u can read

..But its medias fault for blowing incident up
..only a dozen or so were throwing stuff
..media hates Tennessee
..officials cheat and hate TN. Called them misfits
..ole ms faked injuries
..other teams do worse

Why people perceive tennessee as so ..lol
018D1A0D-2DD3-4545-B790-600706C806FC.jpeg
C344D00D-0BFC-4DB2-9CD0-C69CD6AE01DD.jpeg

@mando

Pumpkin heads

So f'ing delusional

..media hates Tennessee
..ole ms faked injuries
..other teams do worse

View attachment 19263
View attachment 19264
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I worked in Huntsville for 20 years, starting in 1999. I commuted every day from just north of Birmingham, so I got to experience Barners & Viles each week for our dark years.
Both suck big time, but the Viles fans were 10 times worse!

@mando

Pumpkin heads

So f'ing delusional

..media hates Tennessee
..ole ms faked injuries
..other teams do worse

View attachment 19263
View attachment 19264
Yep have been around vile fans living just south of Tn/Bama line my whole life. Mixed a lot with them growing up and have family members that are Vile fans. They were and are overbearing win or lose. This has fueled my disdain for the Viles waaaaay more than the barn. Now with a sliver of success the barners also have taken it to another level. All of that to say it is Vile hate week !!!!! 75-0 is what I want. Same thing I wanted last year and every year.

Oh and on the article I did skim it. That is the most ridiculous marketing piece I have ever seen. That rivals the Barner propaganda machine. It is never my fault it has to be someone else's. Everyone is out to get us.... Own it, people see you that way because you have earned it. Look in the mirror Vile fans... Oh and do not get me started on the Vile admin and coaching trees. I will say that Fulmer is an appropriate representative for that program and leave it at that.

Yep have been around vile fans living just south of Tn/Bama line my whole life. Mixed a lot with them growing up and have family members that are Vile fans. They were and are overbearing win or lose. This has fueled my disdain for the Viles waaaaay more than the barn. Now with a sliver of success the barners also have taken it to another level. All of that to say it is Vile hate week !!!!! 75-0 is what I want. Same thing I wanted last year and every year.

Oh and on the article I did skim it. That is the most ridiculous marketing piece I have ever seen. That rivals the Barner propaganda machine. It is never my fault it has to be someone else's. Everyone is out to get us.... Own it, people see you that way because you have earned it. Look in the mirror Vile fans... Oh and do not get me started on the Vile admin and coaching trees. I will say that Fulmer is an appropriate representative for that program and leave it at that.
Yep. Always someone else's fault

Back
Top Bottom