| FTBL Julio Jones comes to TV tonight

so far he's got 3 catches for 52 yards and a TD. He tweaked his ankle @ the end of the 2nd, so he's sitting out the first couple drives of the 2nd half, but coach Tom Watson said he'll be fine

Bishop said:
he'll start in front of stover, McCoy, Oakley, and Alexander next season if we get him(and if he doesn't redshirt)

I want Julio as much, if not more than the next Bama fan, but I like what I'm seeing from McCoy. I see him being the #1 next year no matter who shows up.

Bishop said:
he'll start in front of stover, McCoy, Oakley, and Alexander next season if we get him(and if he doesn't redshirt)

I don't think he will redshirt no matter where he goes next year. That will probably be the one thing that sways him to a particular school. Granted he will have to come in and prove himself, but I don't think that will be an issue with as much talent as he possesses

Bones82 said:
After watching him play I would rather have Arthur Brown. Julio would be a really great addition though.

What do mean after watching him play? He had more talent than all the other players on the field combined last night.

Bones82 said:
After watching him play I would rather have Arthur Brown. Julio would be a really great addition though.

Location: Daphne, AL. JJ is better than any receiver we have on our team right now. He got hurt and still had 100+ and 2 TDs. Not to mention the fact that Foley's QB isn't going to be playing D1A ball anywhere. JJ is gonna be a beast, he already is.

Bishop said:
What do mean after watching him play? He had more talent than all the other players on the field combined last night.

While that is true, I think that makes it a little hard to say exactly how good he is. Most of the catches I saw him make last night, he was WIDE OPEN and he just made a basket catch. We have no idea if he can climb the ladder like DJ in the end zone and go get a ball over a defender, basically, because there was no need for him to do that last night. We don’t know if he has another 6’4, 220 guy all in his grill giving him press coverage if he can beat that press coverage to get open, again, because he hasn’t faced that situation. I think watching the game last night gave me a new appreciation of the guys who evaluate these High School Athletes.

RollTideRandy said:
Bishop said:

While that is true, I think that makes it a little hard to say exactly how good he is. Most of the catches I saw him make last night, he was WIDE OPEN and he just made a basket catch. We have no idea if he can climb the ladder like DJ in the end zone and go get a ball over a defender, basically, because there was no need for him to do that last night. We don’t know if he has another 6’4, 220 guy all in his grill giving him press coverage if he can beat that press coverage to get open, again, because he hasn’t faced that situation. I think watching the game last night gave me a new appreciation of the guys who evaluate these High School Athletes.

Yeah, I agree Randy. I didn't watch the entire game last night. I must have been watching at the wrong time, but I really didn't see him do anything out of the ordinary. I did miss his TD grabs though.

I'd love for him to come to Alabama...I trust what all of the analysts say. Is he our biggest need? I don't know. He is our biggest want according to many. I really don't know how to read him. Will he end up shocking everyone like McKnight did last year? I don't know.

My barner husband thinks they're going to nab him based on need. Uh, I could be wrong but I don't think so. I know AU is in the last list, but I just don't get the feeling he's going to be a Tiger. If he doesn't come to Alabama I think the odds of him going out of state are great.

Back
Top Bottom