| FTBL John's Pit Bulls Edit: NCAA violation with John's

Just on the FWIW side of things...

Since the story of his dogs came out I've seen several comment about his dogs. One talked about how Jimmy's dog wasn't agressive at all and he (the dog) used to play with this guys Jack Russell on the quad.

Another guy who is also involved with pits said that the bloodline Jimmy has isn't one that is bred for fighting and another made the comment about the size of the dogs being larger than those used to fight.

From what I've been able to gather, this particular bloodline is primarily a house type pet.

Honestly, I hate the way some jump to conclusions about pit bulls. Sure, you hear about them fighting and attacking people but you don't hear about the thousands that are just great dogs! My neighbor on the left has two very large pits who are scared of one of my Australian Shepard's. The neighbor on my left has one that is scared of their other dog. But, is 3-4X larger than the mutt. All three dogs are very, very gentle dogs.

Pit Bulls are naturally a very decent pet. There are very few dog breeds that are just 'born' bad. Pit Bulls make great pets. The ones bred for fighting are also taught the extra aggression they need to fight other dogs. The breed is only relevant because of its large fore-body and terrier jaws structure with boxer strength.

My neighbor on my left has two pits and from the time my 3 yr old son was a baby he has been able to crawl all over those pits. Those same two pits sit in my house with our 10 week old kitten. My neighbor just told me the line of pits JJ had are a house pet line and he said the samethings as Terry.

Cory

Here's the only dogs I'm concerned about right now:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYKp8psomHI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMBXorI7-0E[/youtube]

Swamptick said:
Bama Bard said:
Swamptick said:
Jimmy Johns is no better than the dogs he sold. He is an animal and should be treated like one. He has no more reasoning skill than the dogs he 'sold'.

I joined this site because of the seemingly mature nature of the posting and the positive reflection of my favorite football team. This whole situation is bringing out the worst in many of us. I am hurt and pissed too, Swampstick, but lets leave it at that. Jimmy Johns was wrong, wrong as wrong can be, but that doesn't make him subhuman does it?

I love Alabama football for many many many reasons. But there is an underlying viciousness inherent with our fanbase, a ferver and madness that everyone in college football can see but us. Someone at ESPN likened us to Lenny from "Of Mice and Men". Like Lenny and his puppy, we love our program soo much we pet it to death. So I understand your anger at Jimmy Johns, but ease up on the sensational. Leave attacks like that for the kids at AL.com and Tidesports. Flame away.

I understand where you are comming from and all but friend, I have been posting here a while and SELDOM do I ever say anything 'sensational' as you put it.

Before correcting me for forum etiquette you may want to know the posters you correct first. It may also behoove you to realize this is a social forum where people are free to vent from time to time when they feel the need. Without people venting their anger it would be a boring place. I am not saying I want it to turn into one of those other boards but for you to imply that I am one of 'those kids' on the other boards is not only insulting but incorrect.

I am glad you joined this forum and am not trying to chase you of by any means. Your opinion of the forum is correct too. It is the best site but try not to insult members or imply that they are childish before you truly know them.

Also I am not as angry at JJ as you might think. He uses his instinct to live his life and not his brain. That is what animals do. I was merely making an observation. Drug dealers are animals who live only in the now and care only about themselves much like dogs. Thing is, dogs have an excuse.

Well said! RTR

CtrlAltieDel said:
I wonder if this is a violation of NCAA bylaws by including graphical images of the University of Alabama uniforms, coaches, etc... on a business site of a current player?

I guess we will find out soon enough, count on it.

http://jimmyjohnspitbulls.com/index2.html

NCAA Bylaw 12.5.2.1

- A student-athlete may establish his or her own business, provided
the student-athlete's name, photograph, appearance or athletics
reputation are not used to promote the business.

In addition, Bylaw 12.5.2.1 states,

- After becoming a student-athlete, an individual shall not be
eligible for participation in intercollegiate athletics if the
individual:

(a) Accepts any remuneration for or permits the use of his or her
name or picture to advertise, recommend or promote directly the sale
or use of a commercial product or service of any kind; or

(b) Receives remuneration for endorsing a commercial product or
service through the individual's use of such product or service.

It is an NCAA violation.

LINK

TerryP said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
I wonder if this is a violation of NCAA bylaws by including graphical images of the University of Alabama uniforms, coaches, etc... on a business site of a current player?

NCAA Bylaw 12.5.2.1

individual:

It is an NCAA violation.

LINK

So what does this mean for UA?

TerryP said:
CtrlAltieDel said:

NCAA Bylaw 12.5.2.1

individual:

It is an NCAA violation.

LINK

Great. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom