| FTBL John Parker Wilson and the offense

ACL11190

Verified Member
Have you noticed that once john parker wilson gets in rythm on those short passes hes a great qb, i think we would be alot better if we were more of a pass oriented offense, i think we should get into rythm passing the ball then that will open up the run more, then grant can tear teams up, Does any agree with me?

ACL11190 said:
Have you noticed that once john parker wilson gets in rythm on those short passes hes a great qb, i think we would be alot better if we were more of a pass oriented offense, i think we should get into rythm passing the ball then that will open up the run more, then grant can tear teams up, Does any agree with me?
well tonight i think that he was just uncomfortable with the zone defense that UGA's defense used, but i also think that he needs to get more accurate with his passing and we would have had a few more 1st downs and TD's tonight. But im not complaining when we really need him he can usually pull a strong drive down the field out of his rear... all of this said i do agree with you that once he get in rhythm hes a great qb...

Shire5k said:
I say we play like it's a two minute drill all the time. It seems that's when we shine.

That might sound funny, but there is probably a reason he is more successful in the hurry-up offense. He has less to think about, it is just more reaction. In the normal offense, there is more stuff to digest. It is still a new offense to him, and I think he is still having trouble getting comfy in it. That isn't his ONLY problem, but I do think that is why he moves the chains better in the 2 minute offense. Hopefully soon, he'll be reacting like that in the normal offense...

Porterhouse said:
Shire5k said:
I say we play like it's a two minute drill all the time. It seems that's when we shine.

That might sound funny, but there is probably a reason he is more successful in the hurry-up offense. He has less to think about, it is just more reaction. In the normal offense, there is more stuff to digest. It is still a new offense to him, and I think he is still having trouble getting comfy in it. That isn't his ONLY problem, but I do think that is why he moves the chains better in the 2 minute offense. Hopefully soon, he'll be reacting like that in the normal offense...

Why do you think we haven't seen more of Oakley this season? He seemed to run crisp routes and had great hands last season.

Also, was Roy Upchurch lined up at receiver in that overtime drive??

Argo said:
Porterhouse said:
Shire5k said:

Why do you think we haven't seen more of Oakley this season? He seemed to run crisp routes and had great hands last season.

Not real sure on Oakley. I thought he would be in the rotation more. He did get a huge catch last week, but I guess he is more of a possession WR with this staff.

I didn't notice Roy lining up wide, but I did notice Coffee emptying out of the backfield and doing it earlier, so Roy could have done the same. I'll look when I watch the reply later and see if I can tell.

Porterhouse said:
Argo said:
Porterhouse said:
Shire5k said:

Not real sure on Oakley. I thought he would be in the rotation more. He did get a huge catch last week, but I guess he is more of a possession WR with this staff.

I didn't notice Roy lining up wide, but I did notice Coffee emptying out of the backfield and doing it earlier, so Roy could have done the same. I'll look when I watch the reply later and see if I can tell.

Maybe I'm wrong, but on the first play of overtime, I thought I saw #5 at the bottom of the screen. I think he waved at JPW because nobody was covering him.

Argo said:
Porterhouse said:
Argo said:
Porterhouse said:
Shire5k said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but on the first play of overtime, I thought I saw #5 at the bottom of the screen. I think he waved at JPW because nobody was covering him.

Ok, I remember that, I just don't remember seeing the number. I probably did see it, but was so worried, it never computed. :lol:

Porterhouse said:
Argo said:
Porterhouse said:
Argo said:
Porterhouse said:
Shire5k said:

Ok, I remember that, I just don't remember seeing the number. I probably did see it, but was so worried, it never computed. :lol:

I just watched the reply, and it was Upchurch split wide with an empty backfield (same deal with Coffee earlier).

MillionDollarFan said:
he needs to get more accurate with his passing

That's it in a nutshell. Our offense wasn't very good against Georgia primarily because Wilson didn't have a good game. Yes, he had some moments where he was really good, but we don't need him to have good moments. We need him to have a good game.

He played well for most of the game against Arkansas, but he didn't play well against Georgia.

bamatommy said:
MillionDollarFan said:
he needs to get more accurate with his passing

That's it in a nutshell. Our offense wasn't very good against Georgia primarily because Wilson didn't have a good game. Yes, he had some moments where he was really good, but we don't need him to have good moments. We need him to have a good game.

He played well for most of the game against Arkansas, but he didn't play well against Georgia.

I wound not say it's all Wilson. The wideouts have got to find the dead spots in the zone. So JPW can get the ball to them. They should present themselves as bigger targets.

A few times the wideouts weren't even covered we should have had a quick snap. Instead we let the defense see the error and cover the player. That is the QBs fault! More than a few times our wideouts had a 1 or 2 step lead on the defender and we have got to make that throw.

Also Major AW has got to go for the throat more instead this West coast 3 yds pass play. When it's 3rd and 7, you go for 7 yrds not 3! Does that not make sense?

I understand you want to get 1 on 1 and let our guys work in space. UGA was sitting back 4 yrds playing zone letting us have the little stuff we needed to open things up! I thought I'm sure CNS and MAW are reading this now :roll: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom