| PRO Jets Quinnen Williams out with broken foot

The cornerstone of the New York Jets defense under new coach Robert Saleh is dealing with a small break in his foot.
NFL Network's Mike Garafolo and Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday morning that Quinnen Williams will likely have surgery to repair the break, which is expected to be sideline him 8-10 weeks, per sources informed of the situation.
The injury took place last week while doing on-field work at the Jets facility, Garafolo added. Williams will miss OTAs and minicamp, but the Jets are hopeful the 23-year-old will be ready to go by training camp in mid-July.

What are the grades on him so far? I was under the impression he was needing a strong year to get out of the bust category. Is that correct?

He played much better last season but missed the last couple of games because of injury. He was having a really good second half of the year though and was starting to show a lot of the promise that he showed at Bama (started looking more comfortable). I think he'll do really well under the new regime of Robert Saleh and his defense.

The Jets have been a disaster these last several years on both sides of the ball. This is year 3 and the jury is still out on whether Williams is going to be elite. JMO but I have never been sold on the guy because he seem to play hard in spots instead of 60 minutes. He's made a truckload of money and can make a bunch more if he answers the bell this season and next. Wish him all the best.

Like it or not, it is this kind of thing that caused Barmore to fall out of the first round. Bama DL have had a terrible injury track record in the league. So many injuries not even happening in the season.

Back
Top Bottom