| FTBL jamie christenson

HiTide said:
mckinjc said:
I would sure like to see Christensen back on the field. He hasn't ever lost a game for us that I can remember. Unlike Tiffin...who lost the Arkansas game for us.

Wrong. Shula lost that game for us. Tiffin should have never been put in that position.

Correct. Christensen could have kicked that weekend.

It is a bit ironic that here we are heading into the Arkansas weekend, and he's hurt again. A hamstring with a kicker...that's something that will take awhile, I'd think.

uugly kicks!

Talk about ugly kicks.... Money looks like he's kicking a wounded duck every time. Confident for sure, but so is George Bush. Tiffin only needs confidence.

I think Tiffin just needs experience under pressure. I understand that he is awesome in practice, so when he can learn to kick under pressure in a game (which will come soon and already looking better) he will be one of our great kickers.

It Takes Eleven said:
Tiffin won the job based on their offseason work. Christensen hit several big kicks for us, but his career average is just 69% (29 for 42). His Texas Tech kick was the ugliest good kick I've ever seen. As a point of reference, Brian Bostick was 16 of 19 (84%) the year before Christensen started kicking. Tiffin was 62% (8 of 13) last year, including the Arkansas game. Although he's just 4 for 8 this year (you could argue that it should be 5 for 8 ), he continues to hit the ball well and has a strong leg. He is the future of our kicking game and, for now, the present. I think he comes through for us this year, and there's no better place to start than this Saturday.

RTR,

Tim

I agree. Tiffen has better skills than Christensen and is coming around. The kicks he missed against WCU were WAY off. The Vandy misses were very close. He will get better as the year goes on.

It Takes Eleven said:
He is the future of our kicking game and, for now, the present. I think he comes through for us this year, and there's no better place to start than this Saturday.

Tim, I disagree with the 1st comment. I would think Corey Smith is our future. I don't think we would have given him a scholly otherwise.

http://www.crimsontusks.com/viewtopic.php?p=175414#175414

I do agree with the latter though. I want Tiffin to succeed. I think we all do. :)

I'm a huge money fan...the kid was there without a scholarship. That just shows you how much he wanted it. He can handle presure. And I think he was just a great all-around kicker.

Tiffin let me down major last year...he was put in when I didn't think he should of been. I'm not saying hes never going to be a good kicker. I'm just saying I think he needs more time. And when you have a good kicker like money why not use him.(except when he has a groin injury lol), he obviously wants to be here, and play.

Tiffin is not on scholarship either. He is not the reason we lost to UArk last year. With better offensive play calling and/or better execution on offense, he would have never been put in the position to win or lose the game.

Well, here's the numbers from last year:

FG XP TP
Jamie Christensen 13-17 17-18 56

Leigh Tiffin 8-13 12-13 36

It doesn't really look that different to me. JC missed 4 field goals, LT missed five, and they both missed one extra point. The only thing is everyone remembers the extra point that LT missed. As far as the scholarship goes, Tiffin was a walk-on as well. Alabama hasn't really been known for giving kickers scholarships out of high school in the past. I think the fact that we offered one to a kicker this year is a good sign. The fact that he is a three star, which when it comes to kickers is awesome, I think really bodes well.

All I know is, Coach Saban said that Tiffin had passed JC before he got injured. I trust the coach to know what he's doing. In my personal opinion, Tiffin does have an overall better form than JC. I think if you give LT the experience JC has there would be no question who the better kicker is, however only time will tell. I do look for him to redeem himself this weekend, I just hope we win by much more than a field goal.JMO

-Clayton

HiTide said:
mckinjc said:
I would sure like to see Christensen back on the field. He hasn't ever lost a game for us that I can remember. Unlike Tiffin...who lost the Arkansas game for us.

Wrong. Shula lost that game for us. Tiffin should have never been put in that position.

He shouldn't have been put in the position of making a chip shot field goal to win the game? Then why do we have kickers?

psychojoe said:
HiTide said:
mckinjc said:

He shouldn't have been put in the position of making a chip shot field goal to win the game? Then why do we have kickers?

Because he already showed (at the time) that he could NOT kick under pressure. I blame Shula not the rookie. What is the definition of idiot - Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. I believe Tiffin is better this year, but last year it was just a bad call. Just like Darby running up the middle most every first down, it did not work and every team knew it was coming.

psychojoe said:
HiTide said:
mckinjc said:

Go back and watch that game. Shula had the offense waste 2 plays just to set up for a field goal with 4 minutes left in the game! He didn't even attempt to score a TD! And it's not as if we were inside the 15.

I was a Shula supporter before and after that game. But after watching that game I had to (for the first time) admit that he (Shula) was in over his head.

We were in the position to win the game. I could possibly see an argument saying Shula didn't get the guys to execute like he should have, but I have a real hard time believing that HE lost us that game. He had faith in his player. You have to keep faith in a player. See USF's coach? He did the same, even after one of his kicks landed in Georgia.

We had a very good shot to win the game. Gripe about field goals all you want, but field goals win a lot of games. I like TDs just as much as anybody, and I call plays that I think are going to score TDs, but field goals, I think, are crapped on a little too much.

HiTide said:
psychojoe said:
HiTide said:
mckinjc said:

Go back and watch that game. Shula had the offense waste 2 plays just to set up for a field goal with 4 minutes left in the game! He didn't even attempt to score a TD! And it's not as if we were inside the 15.

I was a Shula supporter before and after that game. But after watching that game I had to (for the first time) admit that he (Shula) was in over his head.

Shula played it very conservatively, but the decision he made gave us, IMO, the best shot at winning this game. Sure, he could have taken a couple of shots with the passing game, but JPW was at that time a very inexperienced quarterback who had a catastrophe of his own which led to an Arkansas TD, and he would have been risking a turnover or a sack which would take us out of FG range.The running plays put the ball in the middle of the field. The kick was easily within Tiffin's range. We had been stuffing their offense. The score was tied at that point, and as you said there was time on the game clock. I would expect that a kicker of Tiffin's background and ability would make that particular kick close to 100% of the time. That he did not is a matter of record, and sometimes the best chance to win doesn't come through.

Can we move on now? This is 2007 and we are playing the Hogs tomorrow. Hopefully we blast their asses and do not have to put the game on someone's foot.

Bones82 said:
Can we move on now? This is 2007 and we are playing the Hogs tomorrow. Hopefully we blast their asses and do not have to put the game on someone's foot.

This kick has been discussed so much I wonder if there will be a Daniel Moore print? :wink:

Wiseace615 said:
Bones82 said:

This kick has been discussed so much I wonder if there will be a Daniel Moore print? :wink:

Nope, Leigh's saving that for the Auburn game, just like his dad. :wink:

Seriously, folks need to give the youngster a break; his day will come.

(that last comment wasn't directed to you, wiseace, I know you were kidding.)

bear facts said:
Wiseace615 said:
Bones82 said:

Nope, Leigh's saving that for the Auburn game, just like his dad. :wink:

Seriously, folks need to give the youngster a break; his day will come.

(that last comment wasn't directed to you, wiseace, I know you were kidding.)

As usual, I agree with you Facts.

I always get into the stadium an hour before the game to see the team warm up and to make sure that there are no squatters in our seats. Seeing the distance that he can kick accurately from has convinced me that, once he is able to transfer that ability from practice to the real game he's gonna be very impressive. I honestly think that he's closer than some people think.

Back
Top Bottom