| PRO Jacksonville’s tag on Cam most likely cost Neal from being the first pick in the draft.

Davestwin

I had hoped Neal would become Bama’s only 2nd player selected number one overall. (Hard to believe Bama hasn’t had a couple more.) Their move will cost Neal money as it might drop him down a few picks.

What other Bama player(s) do you think should have been the top pick? Namath was the first pick in the AFL draft but not the NFL’s. Hannah maybe? Personally, I thought Derrick Thomas should have been the first player selected. Actually, I was very surprised that Cornelius Bennett was drafted higher than him.

I had hoped Neal would become Bama’s only 2nd player selected number one overall. (Hard to believe Bama hasn’t had a couple more.) Their move will cost Neal money as it might drop him down a few picks.

What other Bama player(s) do you think should have been the top pick? Namath was the first pick in the AFL draft but not the NFL’s. Hannah maybe? Personally, I thought Derrick Thomas should have been the first player selected. Actually, I was very surprised that Cornelius Bennett was drafted higher than him.

The interesting thing ...if I remember right....Perkins had just been hired as HC and had first pick in nfl draft....and had been bamas HC coach in Bennetts senior year...

Believe he-took Testaverde instead of Bennett #1..
( of course he was an offensive mind first).

Haven't heard anything lately in regards to the Jags other than they were keeping their options open, including possibly trading out of the #1 and still taking the top available tackle (Neal or Ekwonu) with their 1st pick. I'd agree though that with the move to franchise Cam, a top tackle isn't as big of a need as it was. It could mean they have zeroed in on Thibodeaux or Hutchison... the reviews on those guys are mixed on who is the better prospect from many teams, not sure which one the Jags would prefer at this point.

Haven't heard anything lately in regards to the Jags other than they were keeping their options open, including possibly trading out of the #1 and still taking the top available tackle (Neal or Ekwonu) with their 1st pick. I'd agree though that with the move to franchise Cam, a top tackle isn't as big of a need as it was. It could mean they have zeroed in on Thibodeaux or Hutchison... the reviews on those guys are mixed on who is the better prospect from many teams, not sure which one the Jags would prefer at this point.

Thibodeaux has not helped his draft status by opening his mouth. Scouts don't like his arrogance and know it all attitude. If I were them I'd trade back for another Top pick next season and get William Anderson. With two first rounders, likely in the Top 10, both, you gotta think you can trade both for the #1 spot. Just my thoughts, because this class is pretty weak all over.

Thibodeaux has not helped his draft status by opening his mouth. Scouts don't like his arrogance and know it all attitude. If I were them I'd trade back for another Top pick next season and get William Anderson. With two first rounders, likely in the Top 10, both, you gotta think you can trade both for the #1 spot. Just my thoughts, because this class is pretty weak all over.

Along those lines... I spoke with a guy on the NFL side of things just after he made those comments about Alabama the night of the national championship game on that show with Joel Klatt. He said Kayvon took the LeBron school of marketing route in HS and since then his entire life has been produced. It's the reason he married Nike. Everything is about building his "brand" and noting is authentic. Despite his physical talents (and potential), that type of thing is a turn off to some teams. Personally, I think he's way overrated regardless.

Along those lines... I spoke with a guy on the NFL side of things just after he made those comments about Alabama the night of the national championship game on that show with Joel Klatt. He said Kayvon took the LeBron school of marketing route in HS and since then his entire life has been produced. It's the reason he married Nike. Everything is about building his "brand" and noting is authentic. Despite his physical talents (and potential), that type of thing is a turn off to some teams. Personally, I think he's way overrated regardless.

Yep, I had heard the same thing in a podcast. I also heard he told scouts "you're not telling me aomething I don't already know. I'm my harshest critic and know when my game isn't where it needs to be". The favrication just has bust written all over him. Hope he gets brought to reality very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom