| FTBL It's hot in T-town

Billie Bob

Verified Member
I know Saban said that he is used to being in the heat and it's no big deal - after being in Louisiana and Miami. However, all of us who have family in Tuscaloosa or spent years in school there know that it is a different kind of heat. I'm sure you've heard that Tuscaloosa "sits in a bowl" and it gets especially hot there in summertime. Saban must have been impressed by A-day (though he would never admit it) and yes, he has to be impressed by the temps this summer. This ain't Louisiana baby! Check out the weather in T-town the rest of this week.

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast...er&traveler=0&zipChg=1&zipcode=35406&metric=0

I live only about a hour and 15 minutes away from T-town. I'm hoping T-town won't be much of a difference from here in Linden.

I'll be flying up for a wedding in Montgomery this weekend. I'm looking forward to warmer days than what we have down here.

Great. :?

Honestly guys, I didn't mind the weather in T-Town. It might be surprising but I think Pittsburgh summers are worse. For the past week or so it's been in the low to mid 90's with humidity around 60-80%. It's been so nasty and hazy here I don't think I've actually seen the sun in a couple of days, which is not unusual around here. It's just that usually it's the constant rain that we get rather than haze blocking the sun.

I don't ever remember being this uncomfortable in Tuscaloosa, maybe I was younger and didn't notice as much or maybe its the thought that the snow is only 3 months away, that makes a wasted summer day seem worse.

Either way, I'd take Tuscaloosa's weather over Pittsburgh's any day.

T-town usually has a humidity of 100 percent with temps ranging from 95-100 in August. It is due to the land being lower creating a "bowl".

You guys have obviously not spent much time in Baton Rouge in the summer. Only two places are more hot and humid than BR imo...New Orleans and Charleston. :shock:

BamaDelta said:
You guys have obviously not spent much time in Baton Rouge in the summer. Only two places are more hot and humid than BR imo...New Orleans and Charleston. :shock:

Dothan & Columbia, SC get my vote for hottest places. Columbus, Ga is pretty hot also.

I'm glad I live on Venice beach now. The one thing I don't miss about home is the heat. It's funny people tell me it's hot in Cail I just laugh I tell them to go to Alabama during August if they want to know what real heat is. :shock:

BamaDelta said:

New Orleans is pretty brutal. BTW the actual high is 105 in T-town today.

Optimus said:
I'm glad I live on Venice beach now. The one thing I don't miss about home is the heat. It's funny people tell me it's hot in Cail I just laugh I tell them to go to Alabama during August if they want to know what real heat is. :shock:

California has the best weather ever. I love how cold the ocean is too. The Gulf is like swimming in piss water. Swimming in the Pacific is a cleansing experience.

Bones82 said:
Optimus said:

The Gulf is like swimming in piss water. Swimming in the Pacific is a cleansing experience.

Remember the baby pool when you were younger. ;e.gif

rmctide said:
BamaDelta said:

Dothan & Columbia, SC get my vote for hottest places. Columbus, Ga is pretty hot also.

Dothan is hot, indeed. Farther south with no coastal influence. I've spent a fair amount of time down there, since it was the best place to stay in that segment of the state. I was in Headland once and literally left footprints in the asphalt - and it wasn't new asphalt, either. Tuscaloosa gets hot, no doubt. Every small town I've spent time in, whether it's Moundville, Greensboro, Linden, Monroeville, Peterman, Thomasville, Columbia, Grove Hill, Demopolis, Louisville, Lafayette, Brantley - all of those small LA towns are killers in the summer. Montgomery's no picnic, either.

RTR,

Tim

rmctide said:
BamaDelta said:

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/usheat.gif

Looks like the heat index in Charleston is 115 and 117 in Savannah right now. With just a few exceptions, every SEC state has heat indices consistently over 100. Rough.

It Takes Eleven said:
rmctide said:
BamaDelta said:

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/usheat.gif

Looks like the heat index in Charleston is 115 and 117 in Savannah right now. With just a few exceptions, every SEC state has heat indices consistently over 100. Rough.
My niece started at the Citadel a few weeks ago, she is a soccer player. She is in awesome shape and said it is murder out there!!

Back
Top Bottom