| FTBL It looks like Alabama's game with Austin Peay with be streaming ONLY.

TerryP

Staff
There's an article out of Tennessee's Clarksville Leaf-Chroniclethat's been picked up nationwidepointing out Austin Peay has two nationally televised games this season. There's something that caught my attention a few days ago that's in this article.

Austin Peay will close out the regular season with a 11 a.m. matchup against Alabama on Nov. 19 in Tuscaloosa. The game is scheduled for the SEC Network.

About a week ago Alabama Football's Twitter account announced three games where the networks were locked into the broadcast of three game: SEC Network and SEC Network +. SECN+ is streaming video only.

So, if you're not attending ... best get the ESPN app on your TV by November if you're planning on watching the Tide play that morning.

Screenshot 2022-06-04 12.38.08 PM.png

Great question!

My great gransons birthday present...taking him to a bama game...one person in the stadium that doesnt care who we are playing!

And with the generosity of @BamaFan334 .....i was able to take an extra person last year... the young fellow still talks about ...

I love it! Someone on here wanted to make the long trip to Tuscaloosa for a game. I'm willing to help if I can. Can't recall who it was, but maybe they'll reach back out.

The Sun Belt is in conference play that weekend.

Kevin Scarbinsky agrees with you about UAB should play Alabama. I don't.

Who knows if they would have "made an opening." LSU, traditionally, has paid more for OOC games.

Well....i dont know if they would have or not..
But....we saw in pandamic year....when people want to make things happen....they can happen...

But....a C-USA or Sun Belt team with local colors....makes more interest ...if just for state...

And think about value for Bama...
Probably 60-70 K people attend AP game....maybe 80-90 for UAB...
More attendance....more seats with people when recruits are at game...

I personally have no value+ to UAB or USA...but still....Austin Peay?

Well....i dont know if they would have or not..
But....we saw in pandamic year....when people want to make things happen....they can happen...
Because we had teams dropping like flies missing games, we saw two teams adjust their schedules to play when, and only when, their scheduled opponents couldn't play.

You can't take an event in an extraordinary circumstance and apply it across the board.
And think about value for Bama...
Probably 60-70 K people attend AP game....maybe 80-90 for UAB...
More attendance....more seats with people when recruits are at game...
Alabama isn't have a recruiting weekend during an Austin Peay game or a UAB game.

More attendance? How do you figure that from UAB when their home games have dismal attendance. "Hey, we have 25K sold tickets" works as along as you don't read the fine print: Birmingham (the city) and businesses buying tickets to give away. It's false, inflated numbers.

If you're suggesting there would be more attending because of the name of the school we're right back to where we were: the name is more important to you than the competition on the field.
I personally have no value+ to UAB or USA...but still....Austin Peay?
There's no value found in a UAB game. There's a lot of reasons why they shouldn't. Just as a starter, how many of those visiting UAB fans are going to stay the night in Tuscaloosa (versus those at AP?)

Can UAB compete for the targets (recruits) that Auburn and Alabama are pursuing? No. Can they compete against schools like U LaLa? Most certainly.

I'm still of the opinion they should have left that program shut down. It's a monetary draw against the revenue's generated by the UofA system. Simply put, if you can't pay for it you shouldn't have it.

Because we had teams dropping like flies missing games, we saw two teams adjust their schedules to play when, and only when, their scheduled opponents couldn't play.

You can't take an event in an extraordinary circumstance and apply it across the board.

Alabama isn't have a recruiting weekend during an Austin Peay game or a UAB game.

More attendance? How do you figure that from UAB when their home games have dismal attendance. "Hey, we have 25K sold tickets" works as along as you don't read the fine print: Birmingham (the city) and businesses buying tickets to give away. It's false, inflated numbers.

If you're suggesting there would be more attending because of the name of the school we're right back to where we were: the name is more important to you than the competition on the field.

There's no value found in a UAB game. There's a lot of reasons why they shouldn't. Just as a starter, how many of those visiting UAB fans are going to stay the night in Tuscaloosa (versus those at AP?)

Can UAB compete for the targets (recruits) that Auburn and Alabama are pursuing? No. Can they compete against schools like U LaLa? Most certainly.

I'm still of the opinion they should have left that program shut down. It's a monetary draw against the revenue's generated by the UofA system. Simply put, if you can't pay for it you shouldn't have it.
Well. Picking up a cool extra mill for a bama game...would go a long way...

I dont see the problem with instate play...

Lsu plays many G-5 in state...LaTech...Monroe...La...

As does many P-5 teams

And yes ..the switching most everything shows....things can work if it’s wantd

I dont see the problem with instate play...

Lsu plays many G-5 in state...LaTech...Monroe...La...
None of the schools you've mentioned are a part of the Louisiana State University school system. UAB is a part of the University of Alabama system. You're comparing apples to oranges.

You say "I don't see a problem" where I say "There's no benefit." There are a lot of things that "aren't a problem" to accomplish. What's the point if there is no benefit?

You're also comparing a state with two P5 programs to a state with only one. The environments are, again, apples to oranges in comparison.
Well. Picking up a cool extra mill for a bama game...would go a long way...
They're getting twice that by playing LSU. I think I read it's 1.9 million but don't hold me to that.

You say "I don't see a problem" where I say "There's no benefit." There are a lot of things that "aren't a problem" to accomplish. What's the point if there is no benefit?

And

And there is benefits to playing AP ?????????other than letting everyone who has practiced all year get to play!!!!!!?!! Good for players ...shit for fans .......type game

I have seen all the "no value playing same school in system" game stuff...
I just dont buy it...
Tennessee plays UTC....school in UT system...no big deal.. probably other examples...
But whatever....Great granson will enjoy camping and enjoy going to game..

And there is benefits to playing AP ?????????other than letting everyone who has practiced all year get to play!!!!!!?!! Good for players ...shit for fans .......type game
Let's ask Tuscaloosa business owners and see what response we'll get. I can tell you, but you already know the answer.

Shit for fans, eh? You mean like the game against USC? Duke game Bama a better game. Wisconsin played Alabama as closely as Middle Tennessee State. It's the name of the team you don't like, it has nothing to do with the game.

Let's ask Tuscaloosa business owners and see what response we'll get. I can tell you, but you already know the answer.

Shit for fans, eh? You mean like the game against USC? Duke game Bama a better game. Wisconsin played Alabama as closely as Middle Tennessee State. It's the name of the team you don't like, it has nothing to do with the game.

To be fair, those were also not home games, but neutral site games. We also know Saban will blast a higher based program like USC, Wisconsin, and Michigan before he will destroy a lower level team. it's a respect/statement type deal depending on the opponent. We could hang 100 on those teams you mentioned, but clearly we pull guys early and get new guys in for experience. We don't see that very often against USC, Wisconsin, Duke, and Michigan type teams.

To be fair, those were also not home games, but neutral site games
Remember who I'm talking with here...he wasn't keen on the Duke game in the least. The point remains as it has since we started these conversations about scheduling.

It's the name, not the quality of the game. And, if we're limiting it to Tuscaloosa games with UAB as our central point (versus Austin Peay,) revenue outside of the football buildings.

Arguably, the best OOC game we've seen as fans lately was against a 7-6 team in FSU.

I think you are twisting things some...
Duke...in neutral site...pew....as a P5 team at BD...no problem
Had more problem it being neutral site...but take what you get paid for...
I just would have preferred top P5 competition...for neutral site...rather than mid to low competitor....
I even remember going to a Duke-Bama game...in 90s?????? At BD

Bama plays some P5 teams...in SEC on level with Duke...
Others you mentioned...as @BamaFan334 brought out...neutral site games...
Big names...yep...like big-name teams...most all do

And has a lot to do with game.... i prefer good competition...and i know Vandy ..msu..Ky...rarely provide..but..still SEC game..

Maybe its just me anda few others....i would much rather go to a Blazer-Tide game...than out of state...G5 nobody team... and how many tickets and AP fans you think will come to Ttown...
Few hundred-at best..family of players..
UAB or USA....thousands....and they all dont live in Birmingham/ mobile

Its just my personal opinion...doesn’t mean its right or wrong...
I like when there is some buzz in the air...around stadium..
Roll Tide...

Question for @TerryP or anyone who knows...... my research shows Ty Simpson has played in 3 games. I'm sure he will play a good bit Saturday making it 4 games which is max to retain RS year. Does that mean he couldn't appear in bowl game without losing a year?

Back
Top Bottom