| FTBL Is this The Game?

G

Guest

Thread Starter
Every year I ask this question. Is the Arkansas game The Game? What I mean by this is this the tell all game for us? Since UArk came into the SEC, it seems as if how our season goes almost hinges on this game. And Arkansas' as well to some degree. In the years we beat UArk, we seem to have at least a good season. In the years we lose to UArk, we seem to have bad to mediocre season. Will this be the case this season?
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
Dang, I hate this about the Arkansas game. I really wish this kind of pressure wasn't put on this game, but I guess history prevails.

Coach Saban said it is a process. I may be wrong, but I refuse to give the season away if things don't go our way this weekend. I'm sure Saban would tell you the same thing.

More than winning this weekend I want the team to improve week by week. If we're stronger and in a better position to beat Tennessee, LSU or AU than Arkansas so be it. But, I really, really, really want to win this weekend. :)
 

mckinjc

Verified Member
Sideline Club
For me "THE GAME" is Auburn. If we go 8-4 but beat Auburn I'll be happy. I'm a little biased though...I work with a lot of Auburn fans and I'm sick of hearing their crap. Although I did get back at them pretty hard this week after the loss to USF :D
 

Tideboy

<img class="alignleft" src="http://www.rolltidebam
Extra Point Club
Yepper, I think this is the game! This game always sets the tone for our season, and given that I live about 20 minutes from their campus, this game is always HUGE for me!
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
Bama Bo said:
Every year I ask this question. Is the Arkansas game The Game? What I mean by this is this the tell all game for us? Since UArk came into the SEC, it seems as if how our season goes almost hinges on this game. And Arkansas' as well to some degree. In the years we beat UArk, we seem to have at least a good season. In the years we lose to UArk, we seem to have bad to mediocre season. Will this be the case this season?
I hate to say it, but it probably is a real good litmus test for us. Arkansas is far from being the best team we'll see all year. I'm not all that comfortable with Houston to tell the truth.
Win or lose (I truly believe we will win) we as fans should take Coach's advice and keep sight of what we are working toward and not to expect immediate gratification.
 

THROWITDEEP

Verified Member
Sideline Club
I posted this on my site the other day after doing a little research.....

Houston Nutt is 5-4 versus Alabama (and 5-4 versus Auburn)

Arkansas is 8-7 versus Alabama since joining the southeastern conference

Arkansas is 8-9 versus Alabama all-time

Nutt was 3-1 versus Mike Shula (4-4 versus Tommy Tuberville at Auburn)

Nutt is 2-3 versus Nick Saban

Arkansas is 4-3 in Tuscaloosa since joining the southeastern conference and all-time I'm pretty sure.

Although, Nutt is only 1-3 in Tuscaloosa (Danny Ford was 3-0 in Tuscaloosa, he must have been mad at them for never hiring him there).

Houston Nutt is 104-66 overall as a Head Coach and 68-44 at Arkansas

Nick Saban is 92-42-1 overall as an NCAA Head Coach and 1-0 at Alabama

What does all this mean? I don't know? But it is some interesting facts.
 

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Touchdown Club
THROWITDEEP said:
I posted this on my site the other day after doing a little research.....

Houston Nutt is 5-4 versus Alabama (and 5-4 versus Auburn)

Arkansas is 8-7 versus Alabama since joining the southeastern conference

Arkansas is 8-9 versus Alabama all-time

Nutt was 3-1 versus Mike Shula (4-4 versus Tommy Tuberville at Auburn)

Nutt is 2-3 versus Nick Saban

Arkansas is 4-3 in Tuscaloosa since joining the southeastern conference and all-time I'm pretty sure.

Although, Nutt is only 1-3 in Tuscaloosa (Danny Ford was 3-0 in Tuscaloosa, he must have been mad at them for never hiring him there).

Houston Nutt is 104-66 overall as a Head Coach and 68-44 at Arkansas

Nick Saban is 92-42-1 overall as an NCAA Head Coach and 1-0 at Alabama

What does all this mean? I don't know? But it is some interesting facts.

So you are going to call a 43-3 loss a win. OK, then I am going to call the trapped ball loss, that would have been overturned by replay, a win. Either way Bama is 8-7 in the SEC games.

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Alabama.htm
 

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
252BAMA said:
THROWITDEEP said:
I posted this on my site the other day after doing a little research.....

Houston Nutt is 5-4 versus Alabama (and 5-4 versus Auburn)

Arkansas is 8-7 versus Alabama since joining the southeastern conference

Arkansas is 8-9 versus Alabama all-time

Nutt was 3-1 versus Mike Shula (4-4 versus Tommy Tuberville at Auburn)

Nutt is 2-3 versus Nick Saban

Arkansas is 4-3 in Tuscaloosa since joining the southeastern conference and all-time I'm pretty sure.

Although, Nutt is only 1-3 in Tuscaloosa (Danny Ford was 3-0 in Tuscaloosa, he must have been mad at them for never hiring him there).

Houston Nutt is 104-66 overall as a Head Coach and 68-44 at Arkansas

Nick Saban is 92-42-1 overall as an NCAA Head Coach and 1-0 at Alabama

What does all this mean? I don't know? But it is some interesting facts.

So you are going to call a 43-3 loss a win. OK, then I am going to call the trapped ball loss, that would have been overturned by replay, a win. Either way Bama is 8-7 in the SEC games.

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Alabama.htm

I believe ThrowItDeep just took the official records in his research, which is a reasonable thing to do. That we had to forfeit games against them, Vandy and others is a matter of record. There's not an asterisk by the JJMedders Trap Game, or as CSS likes to refer to it, "The Game of the Week". It stinks, but it's done.

For the record, TID's information matches Bama's own game notes for the series:

Alabama holds a 9-8 (.529) series lead over Arkansas in a series that dates back to the 1962 Sugar Bowl at Tulane Stadium in New Orleans.

https://admin.xosn.com/fls/8000/files/football/2007/gameday/game3/2007AlabamaGameNotes(vs.Arkansas).pdf?DB_OEM_ID=8000

RTR,

Tim
 

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
While I do think this game will give us, as a fan base, a gauge on how the team is progressing, I'm not one that thinks it will be a gauge on how our season ends up. Not anymore, that is.

I recall the loss to Arkansas by 1 point back in '95 under Stallings and we ended up only losing three games that season with the horrible loss to UT in B-ham (Peyton leading the band game) and the 4 pt. loss to Auburn to end the regular season.

Do you see the difference here that I've slightly alluded to? Under Stallings, not under Dubose, not under Shula, etc. (we didn't lose under fRan, avg. victory was 18.5 pts.)

Even if we lose this game, and I've voiced my opinion on whether we will or not, we won't see a downward spiral for the team. The only downward spiral we'll see is the quality/content of rivals message board posts.
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
This will be the game as far as showing if we are where we want to be as far as attitude and style of play. Unlike our first two opponents Arkansas will come in and play smash mouth football. Last year's team didn't handle that very well. I think I know what this year's team will do, but I am anxious to see it.
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
I think this well be a great game for both teams. Also will more than likey give the fans from both sides heartattacks. :lol: Should be a good old fashion slobberknocker!

P.S. RTR! Go BAMA! :ele a$#
 
Top Bottom