| FTBL Is Rich Rodriguez a "proven" coach?

• Thread starter BleedsCrimson35
  • Start date

Does Rich Rodriguez meet the "proven coach" criteria?

• Total voters
I look at it like this, yes he has proven himself in the Big East. And he's done it with the same type talent as the other Big East teams have.

He's been a head coach since the age of 24.

he's 44 now right??

That's 20 years of head coaching experience and he's still got another 20 to 25 more in him.

He's got a very bright future ahead of him at Bama.

Ih8Vols said:
He's been a head coach since the age of 24.

he's 44 now right??

That's 20 years of head coaching experience and he's still got another 20 to 25 more in him.

He's got a very bright future ahead of him at Bama.

I agree.

Rodriguez has some assistantships interspersed with his head coaching experience. He was OC in '97 and '98 at Tulane under Tommy Bowden. When Bowden left for Clemson, Coach Rod went with him as OC, but only, I think, after he was passed over for the Tulane head coaching job. Chris Scelfo, who was also Bowden assistant at Tulane, got the job, probably because he's a Louisiana boy. Tulane's loss was WVA's gain.

I think counting all of his experience, not just HC, he's proven enough for me. He proved he could coach when they beat the "almighty SEC champions" Georgia Bulldogs last year. If he comes over then welcome, if he stays at his beloved WVU, then good luck to him.

It doesn't really matter what he's accomplished to this point. What matters is what he's capable of and what he can do once he gets here. If RR gets the job, I'll pledge my support.

I'll even be nice to his wife. :wink:

"Proven" is overrated.

What had Pete Carroll, Bob Stoops, Jim Tressel or Lloyd Carr proven before they got their jobs? That they were good coordinators, could tear up Div I-AA or get fired from two NFL jobs?

Back
Top Bottom