| FTBL Is Joe REALLY better than Tua?

If you were a team captain picking a side for a sandlot football game and you had first choice, who would you pick?

Wouldn't be much of a choice for me and I wouldn't need a bunch of stats to help me make the decision.

Just like if there was a guy smoking a cigaret leaning against a goal post, there wouldn't be much of a choice for me as to whom was going to coach my team.

...I don't know if he's "better" - but I'm sure glad the media is claiming he is. Also glad we're ranked lower than they are. Yeah, IF Tua and the team do what coach says and "just do your job on every play" - then it SHOULDN'T make a difference. But they're human and sometimes a little "us against the world" can't hurt. Adversity - whether real or perceived - can be a good thing. It's certainly better than in the past when everyone in the media telling them they're heads and shoulders above every other team. I just wish we weren't favored by a touchdown.

Sark's offense is more different than locksleys than u think...way more and less predictable. I also find the durability crap about tua laughable...the kid has missed 1 game in 2 years. Burrow isn't someone that u build a team around off of a sample size( scouts should point to Mitch Trubisky as an example). On top of it burrow comes off as a pompous arse that thinks way too high of himself.

Tua has had numerous health issues in the past.

-Spring 2018
-Ankle Issues 2018
-Ankle issues 2019

He is fragile. Players that have a tendency to get hurt a lot in college have that issue carry on in the pros. Sam Bradford, RG3, Brodie Croyle etc. I think he will have success in the pros, but I expect him to get hurt a lot. He is also going to play for a shit team most likely (Cincinnati, Miami etc) and that means he'll be running for his life trying to not get his shit pushed in by the Steelers defense.

Tua has had numerous health issues in the past.

-Spring 2018
-Ankle Issues 2018
-Ankle issues 2019

He is fragile. Players that have a tendency to get hurt a lot in college have that issue carry on in the pros. Sam Bradford, RG3, Brodie Croyle etc. I think he will have success in the pros, but I expect him to get hurt a lot. He is also going to play for a shit team most likely (Cincinnati, Miami etc) and that means he'll be running for his life trying to not get his shit pushed in by the Steelers defense.

...his ankles were sure fragile. But the tightrope surgery is supposed to be an amazing remedy for that. I've yet to see him be "fragile" in any other way. I guess we'll see.

I typically enjoy reading Jess' game previews on Tidefans.com, but how the hell he gave the edge to LSU at the qb and wr positions is beyond comprehension. I can get the qb position, sort of, based on the belief that Tua will not be 100%. But WR's???

Insane.

I typically enjoy reading Jess' game previews on Tidefans.com, but how the hell he gave the edge to LSU at the qb and wr positions is beyond comprehension. I can get the qb position, sort of, based on the belief that Tua will not be 100%. But WR's???

Insane.
I used to read his takes on that, but those comparisons are the most worthless comparisons I've ever seen. QBs don't play against the other team's QB, they play against the other's defense.

I appreciate the feedback, guys. I just posted this as a discussion topic, no one will ever change my mind who the better qb is, I just wanted to hear what you all had to say.

Back
Top Bottom