| FTBL Is Joe REALLY better than Tua?

c5vetman

Here are The top 3's stats so far...
  • Joe Burrow, QB, LSU: 78.8%, 2,805 yards, 30 TD, 4 INT; +160
  • Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma: 73.9%, 2,469 yards, 21 TD, 3 INT; 801 rushing yards, 13 TD; +280
  • Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama: 74.7%, 2,166 yards, 27 TD, 2 INT; +300
Joe has 1 more game, nearly 700 more yards, 3 more TDs, 2 more INTs... IF Tua had not gotten hurt and played the rest of the game vs. Tenn and against Arky, you could probably expect 400-500 more passing yards, 4 more TDs, maybe another INT. That would top Joe in everything but yards.

Joe is the front runner for the Heisman, but is he really that good? I don't remember him being good before this year, at least not this good, its like he had his fairy godmother grant his wishes. All of the talking heads and sports writers are calling him the best player in CF this year.

What do you guys think?

He's having a good year for sure, much better than last year. We have better receivers. Joe has 2 games worth of pass attempts more than Tua. Leading rushers are equal. They've played 2 pretty good defenses that we haven't played yet (Barn and Florida). I wouldn't trade Tua for anyone, period. But you can't argue that Joe is having an incredible year. Hurts is off the charts this year. Didn't see that coming. But it is the Big 12.

People with Stats stats stats. Like accountants can make em say whatever you want them to say

Burrow is having a fine year
Tua is having a fine year
Both have good quality playmakers around them
For joe. First Big game away from home n crowd ( i don't count Texas. And big 12 D)
For Tua....first big game this year
We love Tua. Nfl projections love Tua.
Burrow looks like he decides on target quickly. Tua scans more options has quiker release.
Tua has more dynamic players.
Both good against good Ds Saturday.
...its close....

LSU changed their offense this year to take advantage of Burrow's skills. LSU is benefitting from this. What makes one QB better than another QB? Stats? Wins? Both take advantage of the offensive scheme they're in. As of now, I would expect both to be taken in the top 5 in the NFL draft. That doesn't mean that whoever is taken higher is better than the other. It just means they fit the needs of the team.

While Burrow is having a hell of a year, you gotta take Tua. The guy has produced going on two years now and shocked the world in the Natty a couple years back. Burrow is in his first season really playing,so we don't know if he can do it for a full season when the expectations are so high. Tua has proven to make every throw, has the arm, and strength to be the guy you want. If he doesn't get hurt in the SEC Championship he wins the Heisman. He easily could have been a two or three time Heisman winner.

That doesn't mean that whoever is taken higher is better than the other. It just means they fit the needs of the team.

Well....it really probably does mean who is better...in their evaluation.... most teams build around QB ...like Hurts.....gonna have goddy numbers.... can you build a team around him?
Certainly the thinking in the "tank for tua" arms race..

While Burrow is having a hell of a year, you gotta take Tua. The guy has produced going on two years now and shocked the world in the Natty a couple years back. Burrow is in his first season really playing,so we don't know if he can do it for a full season when the expectations are so high. Tua has proven to make every throw, has the arm, and strength to be the guy you want. If he doesn't get hurt in the SEC Championship he wins the Heisman. He easily could have been a two or three time Heisman winner.

But "injury" will play a part in evaluating....
Tuas high ankle sprain....both ankles...how strange is that...

Burrow - 260 attempts, 10.8 yards/attempt, INTs/TDs 13.3%
Tua - 194 attempts, 11.2 yards/attempt, INTs/TDs 7.4%

These stats to me are more telling. Deals with how much playing time one person has versus another including injury time as well as opportunities based on blowouts or game plans.

I did see one stat the other day with regards to attempt percentage for throws of 20+ yards. Burrow was somewhere in the 70+% and Tua was at 47%. That stat surprised me

Even with all this said, Tua hands down but I am biased:)..

Well....it really probably does mean who is better...in their evaluation.... most teams build around QB ...like Hurts.....gonna have goddy numbers.... can you build a team around him?
Certainly the thinking in the "tank for tua" arms race..

I haven't seen many pro teams that will change their offense to fit a QB but will draft a QB that fits their offense. Too many moving parts (WR, RB, TE, O Line) to build solely on a new QB.

Ruminate on this. What would Tua do in the video game of Big Whatever football. He could have been a triple Heisman winner. No one has been better in the opportunities taken than Tua in the past 2+ years. Nobody.

Burrow is talented ...but the fact is he's a product of joe Brady's system, meanwhile tua is in his 3rd different offense and is better than he was prior...so it's really a no brainer. Don't let the Tua "injury" questions form your opinion

Burrow is talented ...but the fact is he's a product of joe Brady's system, meanwhile tua is in his 3rd different offense and is better than he was prior...so it's really a no brainer. Don't let the Tua "injury" questions form your opinion

Third different offense? Things have been tweaked, but not a different offense.

Tua is a better passer than Joe. I think he is more natural with QB job than Joe, but Joe is a very good QB. Certainly, most teams in the country would love to have either one of them right now. I think the upside in the NFL probably is with Joe due to height and, at this point, durability.

Sark's offense is more different than locksleys than u think...way more and less predictable. I also find the durability crap about tua laughable...the kid has missed 1 game in 2 years. Burrow isn't someone that u build a team around off of a sample size( scouts should point to Mitch Trubisky as an example). On top of it burrow comes off as a pompous arse that thinks way too high of himself.

Back
Top Bottom