| FTBL Is it just me...

G

...or does JPW look pretty bad most of the time. He sails balls high, misses deep balls, and seems like he cannot make all of the throws. I just do not think he is that great, What do you guys think?

Bones82 said:
...or does JPW look pretty bad most of the time. He sails balls high, misses deep balls, and seems like he cannot make all of the throws. I just do not think he is that great, What do you guys think?

I think this could be merged to another thread on the very same topic.

bear facts said:
Bones82 said:

Didn't see another topic like it. Sorry to upset you. You are 1101 years old though so you could be a little less grumpy.

Bones82 said:
bear facts said:
Bones82 said:

Didn't see another topic like it. Sorry to upset you. You are 1101 years old though so you could be a little less grumpy.

Oh, I'm not upset. Just thought you might not have read the other current thread about this very subject.

Bones82 said:
bear facts said:
Bones82 said:

:shock: :shock:

I noticed on several replays that JPW was bailing out early on his throws in order to avoid taking a hit. When he pulls out like that, he doesn't follow through on his delivery and that will cause the ball to sail. UGA's pass rush was pretty fierce the entire night and JPW does not like to get hit. Then again, who does?

Bones82 said:
bear facts said:
Bones82 said:

Sorry facts but that comment just made me bust out laughing. Dont know why, but oh well.

Anyways, back to your scheduled topic viewing.

BamaFan425 said:
Bones82 said:
bear facts said:
Bones82 said:

Sorry facts but that comment just made me bust out laughing. Dont know why, but oh well.

Funny but lets be a little more respectful 82. :wink:

I also notice JPW isn't playing well right now. He did however have a couple of throws where the pressure altered his mechanics. We'll see what hes got next weekend, and I'll pass my judgment on him then.

Tider 27 said:
BamaFan425 said:
Bones82 said:
bear facts said:
Bones82 said:

Funny but lets be a little more respectful 82. :wink:

I also notice JPW isn't playing well right now. He did however have a couple of throws where the pressure altered his mechanics. We'll see what hes got next weekend, and I'll pass my judgment on him then.

Damn straight! The Esteemed Bear Facts is deserving of total respect... UPON FURTHER REVIEW - Not a grumpy bone in him...

seems like wilson eyes down the receiver he throws the ball to. there were a few plays where receivers were open but he never looked in their direction. maybe it's just me though.

I just hope he gets his act togethor. He seemed much more accurate and poised last year. I guess we will see. He is just playing very inconsistent at times. I feel like DJ Hall is getting frustrated also judging from his body language after some of the throws.

JPW definitely does not have great arm strength. He has improved in one respect as compared to last year, in that he is finding ways to get rid of the ball rather than take a sack. I do sense some frustration from the receivers who have run good routes but end up withthe ball thrown far beyond their reach.

I think that Todd Blackledge has it right. The QB is going to get smacked anyway, so he might as well deliver a good pass.

What frustrated me last weekend was about three or four plays where JPW had really great protection and we still were not able to come away with a positive play. I think that has a little to do with what JT said. It seems JPW may get locked onto a single receiver and just stands there waiting for that guy to get open, rather than looking for a 2nd or 3rd option. Also it seems that his 2nd and 3rd option is always to run, not throwing to another receiver. Sometimes that works great (like on the TD), but he also did that a couple of times on 3rd and long and ended up sliding down after a 5 yard gain and forcing a punt. He had a couple of picks against Ark and Vandy, but I still think I’d like to see him try and force the ball in there a little more. He might throw a couple of picks here and there, but you are turning the ball over anyway on the punt, so why not take a chance at getting the first down?

I remember one play down within the 20 where he had NO open receivers but there wasn't anyone with 10 yards of him all the way to the end zone.. but he chose to throw it away.. lol... he is not making great decisions, and I'm not sure why.

Nate said:
I remember one play down within the 20 where he had NO open receivers but there wasn't anyone with 10 yards of him all the way to the end zone.. but he chose to throw it away.. lol... he is not making great decisions, and I'm not sure why.

One of those being on 4th down. He basically just threw the ball away on 4th. Throw it anywhere downfield on 4th. No one can catch it out of bounds. At least in the field of play someone has a chance.

exactly, and even if its intercepted... its still way back on the 10 yard line or so, which can be better than a punt lol... like I said elsewhere.. something is up with JPW.. he isn't confident with his decisions, or he is over thinking them.. I hope they can get it figured out, soon

Our QB coach needs to work harder on Wilson w/ accuracy. One thing that I have seen that was better than last week :arrow: JPW didn't turn the ball over at all. This is much better...

Some of you stated that you'd rather see him force some throws or not throw into the stands. I respectfully disagree based on the following:

1st. To be a good (not excellent) QB in Div 1, they need to make some tough throws...not stupid throws. We've seen JPW make both. I'd rather him always be sure to NEVER make stupid throws. Stafford did that on Saturday & kept us in the game.

2nd. Turning the ball over is almost always worse than punting simply b/c of the potential of returning the ball for a TD or reversing the feild. This potential is much greater when a team isn't set up on the field to tackle a turnover play compared to special teams coverage.

JMHO. :)

Back
Top Bottom