| FTBL Ironic thing leading into the LSU week...

TerryP

Staff
I'm saying this based on the early notion that Ohio State won't be the #1 team in 2 weeks and LSU will regain that top slot.

We've only faced one #1 rated team at home that I can think of. That was back in '57 in a game played in Birmingham. (I'm sure the date will tell you who it was) It was a Tiger team, different color, but none-the-less, Tigers. Auburn soundly defeated us that year.

I'd have to spend some time looking at the records over the years to see if we've faced a #2 team at home, but I don't believe we have. The last highly ranked team in BDS was UF in '05.

FWIW, Alabama is 3-4-0 when playing #1 ranked teams.

TerryP said:
I'm saying this based on the early notion that Ohio State won't be the #1 team in 2 weeks and LSU will regain that top slot.

We've only faced one #1 rated team at home that I can think of. That was back in '57 in a game played in Birmingham. (I'm sure the date will tell you who it was) It was a Tiger team, different color, but none-the-less, Tigers. Auburn soundly defeated us that year.

I'd have to spend some time looking at the records over the years to see if we've faced a #2 team at home, but I don't believe we have. The last highly ranked team in BDS was UF in '05.

FWIW, Alabama is 3-4-0 when playing #1 ranked teams.

I'm pretty sure Oklahoma was #2 when they came to Bryant Denny in 2003.

Back
Top Bottom