| FTBL Introducing a new feature: Live game threads for the football season, and more...

TerryP

Staff
I've mentioned, or rather hinted at, this feature we're going to use for the fall and football game threads. It's what you'll see when you happened to notice a thread marked "Live Game Thread."

You may have heard of "live blogging" where you've got someone blogging on a particular subject and they're doing it live. Take that concept and merge the idea with a chat room.

I'm going to "debut" (pardon the expression) this tomorrow night during game one of the WCWS when the Tide faces Florida. You can see it then and get used to exactly how it works.

In a nutshell, a game thread will be turned into a live thread. By that I mean any new posts from members will automatically show up within the thread without you have to hit refresh or f5 to update the thread itself. You'll be able to watch a game on TV and watch the thread as members post opinions, updates, and other thoughts without having to grab the mouse and refresh your screen.

The only interaction you'll have to keep up with the game thread is occasionally move on to the next page.

There are options I'll include in the game threads themselves like a scoreboard which will update you on other games around the SEC and NCAA, a live feed via twitter coming from @AlabamaFTBL and possibly a beat writer or two offering other Tide-bits of information throughout the game.

There's one thing I know. You won't find another Alabama message forum offering this type of fan interaction on the Internet.

We ran a "test" of the feature today with the softball game. It worked...let's just say it's fantastic!! I love the feature.

As mentioned earlier, we're going to do this tomorrow night for Game One of the WCWS. It's something you'll want to check out.

Questions?

Back
Top Bottom