| FTBL Improved Play Calling and Improved play by Bryce

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
As I stated a few weeks ago, (prior to Florida) I was uncertain of this team and thought that the Florida game and this week may be a loss because we didn't have enough offense to keep up. I mentioned us being 10-2 unless we started to improve quickly... I now believe it would be an upset if we lose before the end of the year based on the way we have grown and improved. I will give a lot of that credit to the play calling putting the offense in a position to be successful.

QB - Bryce still isn't a good deep ball thower but he has a better arm throwing a direct pass than I had seen. Some of the outs he thru from the far hash were excellent and his ability to slide and throw on the run makes him hard to defend. If he would actually fake the throw when rolled out and then take off running every now and then it would make him next to impossible to defend IMHO.

O-line - Still has major issues in pass blocking because I know statues with better feet than 79 and 55. When we actually establish the run (see play calling) it makes the defensive ends and linebackers to stay home a little more thus giving Bryce more time and tight ends open crossing over the middle. I still think we can be susceptible here but the coaching staff has made some wise adjustments.. I hope our injury issues at rb don't effect our decision to establish the run more as it helps a ton

defense - 10 had been a missed tackle waiting to happen and still missed a ton but he was all over the field and in the right place almost all the time. Our d-line really pressed the middle opening Sanders and Anderson to run free.. they caused havoc. I thought that Armour Davis played excellent. He had one throw on the sideline where he panicked but they were picking on him and he delivered. I didn't even know Jobe was playin until special teams because they avoided him like the plague.

With the way the rest of our schedlue lines up Tennessee and Auburn look to be our toughest tests and if our "lines" keep improving/stay healthy and Bryce and the play calling keep running the ball and doing hard play action I think we can win the rest of our regular season games. Georgia will be a tough match up as they have a defense that can force us to be more 1 dimensional and has an online that can match the size and speed we have up front but there is a lot of football between here and there. They are a couple of injuries from being above average so who know what we both look like by then.

Anyway, Roll Tide!

If he would actually fake the throw when rolled out and then take off running every now and then it would make him next to impossible to defend IMHO.
I think he is there now personally even as a first year starter that has only started 5 games. I usually temper expectations especially for a first year starter but this guys just seems to be calm and collected. Agree on long throws that he sometimes misses but again he is a first year starter in his first game. When I used to watch Manzel I used to say the difference in him was his accuracy was not affected when the D got him to moving. Young is the same way but in a much more under control kind of way.

With the way the rest of our schedlue lines up Tennessee and Auburn look to be our toughest tests
Would have to say I disagree with this. I believe they are still who we thought they were at the beginning of the season. Give them time their true colors will show once they get drilled.

AU will be toughest test...
Their crowd plus the magic they have there...
Wanna see howUGA does with them this weekend...at AU

but AnM wont be a cakewalk either...
Big noisey crowd....and they have good quality players....

I think he is there now personally even as a first year starter that has only started 5 games. I usually temper expectations especially for a first year starter but this guys just seems to be calm and collected. Agree on long throws that he sometimes misses but again he is a first year starter in his first game. When I used to watch Manzel I used to say the difference in him was his accuracy was not affected when the D got him to moving. Young is the same way but in a much more under control kind of way.

Would have to say I disagree with this. I believe they are still who we thought they were at the beginning of the season. Give them time their true colors will show once they get drilled.

I believe after the improvements to play calling, defensive effort/tackling and getting past Florida and Ole Miss we will make it to the SEC championship undefeated. I do think we will beat Tennessee and AU but they look to me to be the toughest games left.

Tennessee offense looks completely different with that Hooker kid playing. I know they were playing Missouri but the Tennessee team I watched last year and early this season couldn't hang 62 points if they were going against air.

Auburn has a piss poor o-line and really average players at D-line, DB and WR. Their QB is a headcase and their best rb is banged up. I say all that to say playing in Jordan Hare at year end with them having nothing to lose a nasty LB core and Johnny Manzeil type QB can still be a scary game if a few bounces go their way.

Back
Top Bottom