I'm not good with Common Core math

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Staff
Can you guys help????

EAB64BDA-1AEF-4418-B6AD-0895EA00A0E2.jpg

LOL.

With regards to Common Core, glad my kids are past that stage in school. I suspect it would frustrate me.
Oh... great....Zeus.

I've lost hair over it, and my beard has started graying.

Here's my guess as to how it works: if i lived right behind Rama Jama's on Wallace Wade and wanted a burger, traditional (and rational) math that you and I learned says that I could walk out my front door, take a right for about 30 paces, and I'm at Rama Jama's.

Common Core says that I'm suppose to walk out my front door, hop in my car, head north on Wallace Wade, head east on University for about 2 miles, exit onto McFarland Blvd southbound, travel for about 1.5 miles, take a right onto 15th street, travel for about 2 miles, take a right on 10th ave, left on Bryant Dr, and arrive at Rama Jama's for the same fukking burger I could have simply WALKED 30 paces for.

Fukking idiotic.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Tapatalk

Common Core math is a damn sick and twisted joke!! Both of my kids are in middle school and I have to deal with that crap. My mom is a retired teacher with 33 years experience and a Master's degree in Math and it gives her fits!!

I'm late to the discussion, but common core although I don't agree with it was created to make kids more analytical.

My 11 year old son doesn't like it, but only because he feels it takes too long to write a simple answer. He's there grades ahead in math according to testing, but he hates that "it takes so long to give a simple answer to simple math problems".

Back
Top Bottom