| BSB/SB ⚾Bama Baseball Offseason: Roster moves and other news...

Add Tennessee to that list. The amenities they are giving players is crazy.

Yeah, certainly not limited to LSU and Arky... I just use them as examples because their financial support for baseball isn't new and isn't wavering. UGA has made a substantial financial commitment to baseball too, which is something I would have considered unlikely 2 years ago. They are even a player for Alton Davis, though that's not all about money I'm told (though he can pretty much pick his team... LSU, MSU, etc.).

Yeah, certainly not limited to LSU and Arky... I just use them as examples because their financial support for baseball isn't new and isn't wavering. UGA has made a substantial financial commitment to baseball too, which is something I would have considered unlikely 2 years ago. They are even a player for Alton Davis, though that's not all about money I'm told (though he can pretty much pick his team... LSU, MSU, etc.).
I'm not suggesting a team should have to stay in the old Masters Inn on McFarland. I am saying it's a little ridiculous to put them up in a place like The Capstone.

Tide picks up another bat...

OF Bryce Fowler (Pearl River CC) - He will be a Jr. next season. Check the #'s at the bottom... 1:1 BB:K rate, .419 avg, and 24 SB's. Will likely slide into leadoff to replace Miller (a previous JUCO get). If his bat translates anything close to Miller's (a very big ask)... and factoring in his speed... then Bama will be sitting pretty at the top of the order...

From prccathletics.com

2024: Was a true table-setter from the leadoff position for Pearl River in 2024 ... Had a team high batting average of .419 to go along with a .500 on-base percentage and .681 slugging percentage ... Tallied 88 hits which were the second most in a season in program history ... Had 14 doubles, 11 homers and four triples ... Collected 52 RBIs, 24 walks, 24 stolen bases and 64 runs scored ... Named First Team All-MACCC, All-Region 23 and NJCAA Second Team All-America.

2023: Played at Southern Miss ... Registered three at-bats, picking up one hit ... Scored four runs.

2022: Redshirted at Southern Miss.

HIGH SCHOOL: Played at Germantown for Brian Hardy ... Pitched in 10 games, with a 5-1 record and 2.69 ERA in 41 2/3 innings ... Also recorded 66 strikeouts ... Appeared in 25 games in 2021, registering a .467 batting average, 35 hits, 25 runs, 24 RBIs, a .559 on-base percentage and a 1.279 OPS ... Propelled Germantown to the 6A State Tournament ... Named First Team All-District and First Team All-State ... Named a member of the Perfect Game Top 1000 Team ... Also ranked as the 44th-best player in Mississippi by Perfect Game ... Played in the Mississippi Association of Coaches' 2021 CrossRoads Diamond Club 5A/6A All-Star Game.

IMG_0841.jpeg

Bama got the catcher they needed...

LSU So. Brady Neal... He will be a Jr. next year and fill a big need at catcher. He was drafted out of HS in the 17th round y the Brewers, but decided to go to LSU instead. Good pickup here...

A very high K rate, but if he can do some other things, especially defensively, to make up for that... it would be nice.
IMG_0878.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom