| FTBL Illegal receiving of textbooks?

bamafan4ever said:
Well, the UGA kid that got suspended for 9 games will probably be closer to the mark. Those were basketball games where they play 30+ per year. That would equate to about a 3 game suspension in football.

Just thinking...

This is pure speculation as well.

I don't know, but suspect, we'll see the suspensions extended. I don't know if it's a fair shake to compare it to the UGA situation because of the $500 amount with the Dawg player.

I do think Christopher Walsh in sensationalizing the story with his online report last evening. Again, this is just pure speculation, but considering the time line involved with finding out about it Thursday and suspending them Friday quite quick and proactive. While no one can say for sure I suspect the NCAA will not take actions against the University. Severity being the key thought here. Not matter how you slice it, it is a benefits issue.

There really is nothing more than can be done but speculate. That did not work well the last time we tried...but, then again, it was a totally different situation.

Prepare yourself for jabs to be coming from the rival fans bases, in flurries.

That's a hard question to answer. Another question, I can only speculate on...

Considering the discovery, report, and suspensions were in a 24 hour time frame it doesn't seem to be that hard of a situation to track down. If we assume that they were getting books and then selling them (institutional policy throws me on this because part of that leads me to believe it was throw University stores) they should have access to the records easily.

It's benefits, but not at the feet of anyone except the players. I'm assuming secondary violation that'll be reported and then we'll have to wait on whether it's excepted or not. Which in turn leads me to believe they'll be suspended for more than one game.

What throws a loop is two fold. Let's say they were buying two sets of books for classes. It would likely be a student who checked them out, but that voucher would have been funneled through the Financial Aid department and then at some point back to the Ath. Dept. (I don't know the process for sure, just trying to use logic based on what happened with these things when I was in school). So, someone dropped the ball, somewhere. In UA's book store? In the FA dept.? In the Ath. Dept. which would see to fall into Jon Devers court...

Considering there have only been just over 48 hours since they were suspended...and considering who quickly it was reported...all that leads me to believe Chris King was on his toes as soon as it was discovered.

The other question I've seen around is when it happened...based on Caldwell. Is he in grad school?

Back
Top Bottom