| FTBL I'LL BE THE FIRST... Coach Prime next Bama HC.

Our current DC isn’t any better than Golding

That's a terrible take.
Is it though?

When you look at defensive efficiency last year's defense was better in some areas and worse in some areas. The differences between the two are negligible. Points per drive, as one example: '22 was 1.19, '23 at 1.6. If you look at available yards percentages (DAY) you'll find last year is better than this year.

In half of the categories Bama is up; in half they are down. But, overall, similar down to the 100th's in percentages.

Through three games there hasn't been anything better this season than last.

This is nothing more than a feeling likely spurred on by the lack of needed sleep.

I'm leaning towards the idea we as a fan base aren't going to learn a lot this weekend. I know Dart can have a hell of a day and if he does this game could be a nail-biter. I still can't escape the notion that the Rebels may be a "paper tiger." Their talent is on par with Tulane; they just have more depth than Tulane.

Is it though?

When you look at defensive efficiency last year's defense was better in some areas and worse in some areas. The differences between the two are negligible. Points per drive, as one example: '22 was 1.19, '23 at 1.6. If you look at available yards percentages (DAY) you'll find last year is better than this year.

In half of the categories Bama is up; in half they are down. But, overall, similar down to the 100th's in percentages.

This is nothing more than a feeling likely spurred on by the lack of needed sleep.

I'm leaning towards the idea we as a fan base aren't going to learn a lot this weekend. I know Dart can have a hell of a day and if he does this game could be a nail-biter. I still can't escape the notion that the Rebels may be a "paper tiger." Their talent is on par with Tulane; they just have more depth than Tulane.
Hyperbole, or honest opinion?

You sound like a student of Dr. Pound's PSC 205 class. :)
I hated that class. Not because of him, or the material. It was those in the class with me and that damned building! I HATE Ten Hoor. I'm shaking my head thinking back about that now...more than a couple of times I took a triple Scotch and water with me and in those days a triple meant three fingers.

I hated that class. Not because of him, or the material. It was those in the class with me and that damned building! I HATE Ten Hoor. I'm shaking my head thinking back about that now...more than a couple of times I took a triple Scotch and water with me and in those days a triple meant three fingers.

I practically lived in Ten Hoor, tons of PSC and history classes. I got used to it. That was a tough-as-nails class, but I came out all right. Dr. Pound did me a solid about twenty years ago, a few years before he died. Good, good man.

Is it though?

But are you comparing the whole season against the first 3 games of the season?

Wow. Didn't realize Fritz was recruiting that well at Tulane.
I didn't see the bolded part of the quote when I replied. I thought you were talking about the comparison between '22 and '23.

Tulane.
Hyperbole, or honest opinion?
Honest opinion. Tulane had a good ball club last season; it is a good team this season. They are likely the team we'll see from the G5's in the NY6 or playoffs.

But are you comparing the whole season against the first 3 games of the season?
I am.

And I'm also looking at a schedule that's about to get tougher. We're looking at a defense on par with last season along with the toughest part of the schedule remaining. It's logical to assume the number for '23 won't be as good in a few weeks as they are now.

Back
Top Bottom