| OT I thought I'd introduce myself.

You’re one of those guys walking in High Cotton!

It's a quarterly trip at best.....😄
Aight @It Takes Eleven, you and the wife have been here a few times enjoying the town and eats: where do you stand here?

High Cotton? Or Circa 1886? Red Drum is over the Cooper River but I'd put that over High Cotton: Langdon's as well in that area. But, if we're staying in Charleston proper, I'm hitting Magnolia's (unfortunately, closed 'til October after an August fire.)

On the same note, I don't think I'd put any of these over Jasmine Porch (but that's driving to Kiawah for food.)

The ambience in all of these beats, hands down, Halls Chophouse in Nexton. The food quality? It's not better in Kiawah, Mt. P, or downtown versus Nexton.

Aight @It Takes Eleven, you and the wife have been here a few times enjoying the town and eats: where do you stand here?

High Cotton? Or Circa 1886? Red Drum is over the Cooper River but I'd put that over High Cotton: Langdon's as well in that area. But, if we're staying in Charleston proper, I'm hitting Magnolia's (unfortunately, closed 'til October after an August fire.)

On the same note, I don't think I'd put any of these over Jasmine Porch (but that's driving to Kiawah for food.)

The ambience in all of these beats, hands down, Halls Chophouse in Nexton. The food quality? It's not better in Kiawah, Mt. P, or downtown versus Nexton.

It's been a bit since we've made it down. Is High Cotton the same bunch that had the place in Greenville? That was very good there. I've always enjoyed FIG, not familiar with Red Drum.

@RangeGuy one of my favorite spots in Columbia is Hunter Gatherer, always enjoyed the original location on Main. I've yet to make it to the Wright Hanger location at the old airport, but I'm looking forward to it.

It's been a bit since we've made it down. Is High Cotton the same bunch that had the place in Greenville? That was very good there. I've always enjoyed FIG, not familiar with Red Drum.
FIG is good though not as broad of a selection when compared to other seafood venues around town. Their snapper comes to mind.

As far as I know that's still owned by Bill Hall's group. I know when he bought the one in downtown Charleston he bought the Greenville location as well as S.N.O.B. (Slightly North of Broad.) There's one more I can pull off the top of my head.

FIG is good though not as broad of a selection when compared to other seafood venues around town. Their snapper comes to mind.

As far as I know that's still owned by Bill Hall's group. I know when he bought the one in downtown Charleston he bought the Greenville location as well as S.N.O.B. (Slightly North of Broad.) There's one more I can pull off the top of my head.
Y'all are talking about all those fine dinning establishments, I'm more of a Tatooed Moose sort.😂

@RangeGuy one of my favorite spots in Columbia is Hunter Gatherer, always enjoyed the original location on Main. I've yet to make it to the Wright Hanger location at the old airport, but I'm looking forward to it.
Columbia has stepped up its game a bit, but Greenville and Charleston still have them on the ropes.

Y'all are talking about all those fine dinning establishments, I'm more of a Tatooed Moose sort.😂
Mike and his wife announced they were moving a few months ago: officially, maybe three weeks ago. They're closing their location on Morrison and moving to Park Circle in N. Charleston. The new place is going to look a lot like their location on John's Island.

If we're moving into restuarants that have "dive bar menus" I'm all in. And, that's not an insult—I L.O.V.E these types of places. The Moose...damn, got me thinking about their LowCountry Cuban. But, that Porkstrami Rueben?!?!

If we're just into dive bars...know a few of those as well. 🍻

Mike and his wife announced they were moving a few months ago: officially, maybe three weeks ago. They're closing their location on Morrison and moving to Park Circle in N. Charleston. The new place is going to look a lot like their location on John's Island.

If we're moving into restuarants that have "dive bar menus" I'm all in. And, that's not an insult—I L.O.V.E these types of places. The Moose...damn, got me thinking about their LowCountry Cuban. But, that Porkstrami Rueben?!?!

If we're just into dive bars...know a few of those as well. 🍻
The Duck Club with Duck Fat Fries! The Wife and I watch Diners, Drive Inns, and Dives. I like to go try out the places on his show. One does meet some interesting characters in those places 🍻

The Duck Club with Duck Fat Fries! The Wife and I watch Diners, Drive Inns, and Dives. I like to go try out the places on his show. One does meet some interesting characters in those places 🍻
We're coming all the way back to Bama football in this thread.

When Guy did his spot on the Moose it was following his spot at another location in Summerville; Perfectly Franks. The owner of PF's claims he suggested the Moose to their producers.

The owner of Perfectly Franks? Alabama's own Perry Cuda. (It's since closed due to improvements along Main St. there in Summerville.) If I'm not mistaken, the episodes on both either aired back to back weeks or the same episode. I can't recall considering he's covered five or six places in this area AND it's been at least a decade.

Speaking of "dives but GREAT food," the next time you're in town try this place: 2-2½ miles off of I-26, Exit 199 to Summerville (coming from Cola.)

Screenshot 2021-09-06 9.55.16 AM.png
photo0jpg.jpg

High Cotton is better than Red Drum in my eyes. Red Drum was a nice cougar spot back in the day for 23 year old us.

Poogan's is solid brunch. Fleet Landing was good and had the best blackened snapper I have had. Oak has a good steak. Red's is a nice view. Husk was pretty solid (had the quail). Been a while since I've been to Charleston. I miss it very much. Home Team, Poes, and Ye Old for some normal food.

Poogan's is solid brunch.
Too many tourists at the Porch for my taste. You can find a better steakhouse than Poogan's Smokehouse .

That said, their Poogan's Southern Kitchen (again, in Nexton) is some good eatin.'

Never, NEVER go to Poogan's Porch in the evenings...damn haunted house tours will interupt your meal every time.

Fleet Landing is nice inside and has a great view of the water...

Along with a great view of the cruise ships, a great time fighting all the tourist just to get there... :rolleyes:

Yep, I've been on here since 2019 and haven't said a thing. I have enjoyed the posts and comments, there's some really good folks on here. Yes, I am a Panthers fan by default (don't shoot me). I am originally from Eufaula, AL, Retired Army, and put down roots in SC. I have learned quickly that I am really good at losing my Bama Cash. Thanks for letting me hang around. Roll Tide!
What the hell? Losing Bama bucks, dont you know nothing about gambling?....(dont look at my wagering as a template).;) :p

Welcome aboard, Range Guy. I spent 30 years in the Air Force, retiring in 1996 as a Chief Master Sergeant. My first three Air Force years were spent at Shaw Air Force Base in Sumpter. I LOVED it there. Went to a bunch of USCe football games at Williams-Brice. Saw Three Dog Night in concert at the USCe Coliseum. I worked as a bar tender at a little BYOB joint called The Red Coach Inn in Sumpter. Some of the best years of my life spent there.

Columbia has stepped up its game a bit, but Greenville and Charleston still have them on the ropes.
True, Greenville's turned into a destination.

I'm a fan of independent restaurants, and in that vein Southern dining options have improved remarkably over the past 12-15 years. Suburban dining options around Atlanta are great, and Birmingham punches above its weight class when it comes to dining.

We're coming all the way back to Bama football in this thread.

When Guy did his spot on the Moose it was following his spot at another location in Summerville; Perfectly Franks. The owner of PF's claims he suggested the Moose to their producers.

The owner of Perfectly Franks? Alabama's own Perry Cuda. (It's since closed due to improvements along Main St. there in Summerville.) If I'm not mistaken, the episodes on both either aired back to back weeks or the same episode. I can't recall considering he's covered five or six places in this area AND it's been at least a decade.

Speaking of "dives but GREAT food," the next time you're in town try this place: 2-2½ miles off of I-26, Exit 199 to Summerville (coming from Cola.)

View attachment 18744
photo0jpg.jpg
Most definitely

Back
Top Bottom