| FTBL I think other fan bases in the SEC are starting to feel anxiety. They can see there is not going to be a drop-off in Tuscaloosa.

1st year coach with a new system for these players. 1st year to see the SEC with this coaching staff. History of there simply being growing pains with first year staffs. The wildcard is certainly the program that CNS left CKD.

Quick glance at the moron Les Miles and he had an 11-2 season his first year. Just found the info on one of LSU's sites.

If CKD loses two in the regular season, I believe Bama will be out of the SEC championship race. With 12 teams maybe that is still good enough to get into the playoffs this year with 12 spots.

All speculation and being conservative/cautious.

1st year coach with a new system for these players. 1st year to see the SEC with this coaching staff. History of there simply being growing pains with first year staffs. The wildcard is certainly the program that CNS left CKD.

Quick glance at the moron Les Miles and he had an 11-2 season his first year. Just found the info on one of LSU's sites.

If CKD loses two in the regular season, I believe Bama will be out of the SEC championship race. With 12 teams maybe that is still good enough to get into the playoffs this year with 12 spots.

All speculation and being conservative/cautious.
You're basing your arguments on another team. Out of all teams, you choose Les Miles..... as an example? First year, he had Jimbo Fisher as OC. DC: Bo Peleni

Those two losses: First one was against Tennessee in OT. 27-30. Tennessee was #10 at that time.
The next loss? in SEC Championship game against Georgia #13. They got their ass whupped.

Looking at the Standings in SEC that year... It was very hard division that year. In 4 teams playoff team, it's possible they could make the 4 team playoff, given how things were that year.

You picked the wrong argument to make your point though.

This year, the Roster for Alabama is more talented than 2005 LSU team. CKD has experienced coaches on the staff that can coach the hell out of the players and develop them. Not only that, but they also know how to call games. Then you have Saban lurking in the background throughout the season dropping in on film study with some players time to time... and You can bet your ass Saban will tell CKD and coaching staff what kind of tendencies Kirby tend to do, and etc.

I'm telling you right now, with few rosters moves in next few weeks, this is top 4 team heading into the fall. SEC Championship does not matter anymore with 12 team's playoffs. Just get in top 6 and they are fine.

Last year, I had concern about the team heading into the fall camp, and I wasn't sure how far we would get, and this team overachieved. They proved that they still had the ability to get into playoff despite their limitation. If Saban was still coaching at this time, I would be concerned about Milroe and his development. Under the new coaches, everyone is improving and thriving and are developing more than they ever did in the past. This is not a knock at Saban.

I'll say this: Look at Ohio State right now and Look at Alabama. Who does you think will likely dominate this fall?

I'll say this: Look at Ohio State right now and Look at Alabama. Who does you think will likely dominate this fall?

On paper one would have to say Ohio State. Their schedule is terrible and they brought in some great transfers and have a killer receiver class. Not taking anything away from what we have, but Ohio State "on paper" appears they should dominate.

On paper one would have to say Ohio State. Their schedule is terrible and they brought in some great transfers and have a killer receiver class. Not taking anything away from what we have, but Ohio State "on paper" appears they should dominate.
Especially with Michigan losing so much talent and so many coaches. They have been OSU’s Achilles heel the past 3-4 years. Every other year it looks like OSU will be world beaters and they find a way to lose. Here we are again, a cupboard stocked full of talent. I hope Day finds a way to blow it! Feels like he went all in for this season.

The way I see it is that CNS is the GOAT, however, the product on the field has been slipping for a few seasons. Slipping from being the greatest still results in an SEC Championship or two and a playoff appearance, but if we're being hones with ourselves, we realize it hasn't been the same hyper-dominant (that's "dominant", not "dominate") program it once was. And that's just the natural course of events.

I think we will immediately see a more modernized approach especially on offense and a more aggressive approach on defense as opposed to generally conservative on both sides. We have a very tough schedule indeed, but I would not be the least bit surprised to see us in the CFP at the end of the season.

First time someone bought a "super" team to try to just buy a championship. The interesting part is, with the nature of Football they could still easily lose in the playoff.

You picked the wrong argument to make your point though.
Only option to point to that followed CNS. I stand by the view that there will be growing pains and what CNS did will not be matched. Not a knock on CKD but a compliment to CNS. Is it possible there are not growing pains? Sure, going back to the moron Les Miles even he won 11 games his first year with what CNS had built and I believe CKD is a much better coach and it is not close.

I hope I am wrong in year one and CKD goes out and dominates everyone and brings home the NC trophy. I would be the first to say I was wrong and celebrate the heck out of the season.

Only option to point to that followed CNS. I stand by the view that there will be growing pains and what CNS did will not be matched. Not a knock on CKD but a compliment to CNS. Is it possible there are not growing pains? Sure, going back to the moron Les Miles even he won 11 games his first year with what CNS had built and I believe CKD is a much better coach and it is not close.

I hope I am wrong in year one and CKD goes out and dominates everyone and brings home the NC trophy. I would be the first to say I was wrong and celebrate the heck out of the season.
Saban was at LSU for 5 yrs during which only 2 were double digit winning seasons. Miles was doing alright living off the bones for 11yrs.
Saban was here 17 yrs and built a monolith of football granite. It could be argued that there are few who can compete with anything we have for the athletes & coaches. I say Bama will out perform the naysayers pronouncements. Coaching will tell all when they start trading paint.

Back
Top Bottom