| FTBL I think other fan bases in the SEC are starting to feel anxiety. They can see there is not going to be a drop-off in Tuscaloosa.

There may be a few growing pains, until our players actually get into a real game.. Our players will have some anxiety..that is when in-game coaching will come into play..

What is a drop off?

Two losses per year?
Yes and no championships SEC or NC. Certainly not being in the hunt would be a drop off. Surely you agree with that. This CNS guy was pretty good. This is NOT a knock on CKD. Reality check if CNS was the GOAT then how can there be anything but a drop off?

Throw in top 1 or 2 in recruiting and sending player after player to the NFL. 3-4 first rounders. Hard to match what CNS did.

Yes and no championships SEC or NC. Certainly not being in the hunt would be a drop off. Surely you agree with that. This CNS guy was pretty good. This is NOT a knock on CKD. Reality check if CNS was the GOAT then how can there be anything but a drop off?

Throw in top 1 or 2 in recruiting and sending player after player to the NFL. 3-4 first rounders. Hard to match what CNS did.
Need more fiber in your diet. It is what it is. Much better shape moving on from this legend than the last one.

There has been one coach already follow CNS after CNS won a National Championship. His name? Les Miles. Is Miles > CKD? IS LSU a better program overall than Alabama?

Two losses per year isn't a drop off.

You do hit a point that resounds with me: "being in the hunt." I can't find a reason to point to and say, "I don't think they can compete for a title." Do you?

There has been one coach already follow CNS after CNS won a National Championship. His name? Les Miles. Is Miles > CKD? IS LSU a better program overall than Alabama?
All things being equal, CKD is head and shoulders above Les.......or should a say Miles ahead of Les. ;)

All things are not equal. NIL and transfer portal are an entirely different animal. It will be interesting to see how CKD navigates this. So far, so good, but we still have yet to play a game.

All things are not equal. NIL and transfer portal are an entirely different animal. It will be interesting to see how CKD navigates this. So far, so good, but we still have yet to play a game.
It's right in front of your eyes, Doug. When Morgan walked off the plane I started pointing to this. The man built the two rosters we saw in the title game.

It's right in front of your eyes, Doug. When Morgan walked off the plane I started pointing to this. The man built the two rosters we saw in the title game.

DeBoer had told Morgan that he would create a new position for him at Washington — general manager — a role that was crafted with managing the new complexities of name, image and likeness as well as the transfer portal.

“He said I want you to be a pillar in my program,” Morgan says. “At the end of the day, I couldn’t say I was a pillar in the program [at Michigan]. That’s big.
How he looks at talents:
During his short time back at Michigan, Morgan made his presence felt. He identified defensive tackle Mason Graham, who was then a three-star recruit at Anaheim Servite with no Power Five offers, and pushed Michigan to recruit him. In the Wolverines’ win over Alabama in the Rose Bowl, Graham was named the game’s defensive MVP.

At Washington, Morgan has helped execute DeBoer’s vision for how his program will utilize NIL, which happened to be similar to Harbaugh’s.

Here's something to think about what Morgan/CKB is doing with transfer portal:

“Our philosophy is to take care of our players and make sure the locker room is intact,” Morgan says. “You don’t want the money to interfere with the culture. Our first thing is roster retention. Make sure the guys in your locker room are appreciated while adding key value pieces to your roster. Now, there’s certain guys you may not get, the big-name kids who are making their decision in the portal strictly off monetary [factors].”

Morgan says that Washington will not take a player from the portal who has not proven himself at the college level. The Huskies are only willing to develop high-school recruits, who better be ready to work for what they earn

On NIL and HS: Saban has said similar things.

“Our high school NIL is this: we will make sure guys get something, but they’re not going to come in making more than the guys on our team,” Morgan says. “How do we pay a high school kid more money than a guy who’s giving you blood, sweat and tears everyday?”

For perspective, Morgan can tell recruits and their parents his own story. How he sacrificed security and comfort in the short term to be at UCLA.

“The money will come,” Morgan says.

“And he probably touches more people out there than anyone on our staff. He’s constantly on the phones. He’s constantly texting and communicating with people. And so he’s a major representative of our program.”

I'm telling you right now. We're going to shock few people in transfer portal in few weeks with who we pull. Morgan and CKB saw what happened with other teams poaching players from Bama team, so watch, they will strike back and very hard.
From what I understand this cycle is about to be CRAZY compared to last spring and possibly even as crazy as the cycle before spring. Also, definitely agree with you we will get ours, we always do.

They have now moved the game where a drop off still allows you a chance at the National Championship. Huge mistake in my mind. Stacking the schedule and expanding the Playoff allows a slip and still a chance. You can't let good programs hang around

Two losses per year isn't a drop off.

You do hit a point that resounds with me: "being in the hunt." I can't find a reason to point to and say, "I don't think they can compete for a title." Do you?
No I do not think they will compete for a NC year 1. I also think they will be out of the conference title hunt in year one also. Hope that is not the case and with the Bama culture and talent maybe they will not. Expecting at least two SEC losses (UGA and one other).

I have not checked the average losses per year but two feels like a drop off to me.

I will reiterate I fully expect CKD to do well but first year will have some growing pains. That is not a knock or what I hope for but feels realistic when a change occurs.

@mando has been on that thought for a while since CKD was hired. Even with all positive chance, he thinks there's a growing pain with offense/defense and to be honest with you, I don't see it that way. Everyone I've heard said it has been smooth change... no one is struggling to pick up the playbook. Right now, the coaches are instilling confidence in the players. I believe the team will make it to the playoff. and I think they will be playing for championship this year.

Back
Top Bottom