| FTBL I sure liked the way Grant was used

G

The first couple of games left me concerned about Terry Grant. As we know he really struggled at times last year because of various reasons. He is obviously not a big, power back. He is not one that is going to get all his yards up the middle.

I was a little concerned that he was going to be lost in the fray. I'm all for talent winning the job, yet I hated that he might not see much action. We know how fast he is, and it just seemed a shame not to utilize that speed.

I really liked the plays called for him. They were perfect for the type running he does. I really hope to see more of him in similar situations. He should never be our 4th and 1 type back, but he still has much to bring to the table. Great to see him in the end zone as well. :)

he is a great change of pace when defenses decided to go bigger (slower) at LB. Just another weapon that keeps opposing defenses on their heels. good luck SEC in trying to figure out what Jmac throws at you next.

More toss sweeps for Grant. One thing I saw was him actually hit the hole a few times hard. Helps when there is a hole...something he did not see much of last year.

Kc said:
More toss sweeps for Grant. One thing I saw was him actually hit the hole a few times hard. Helps when there is a hole...something he did not see much of last year.

Well last year it seemed he was always trying to go up the middle. Those holes tend to collapse quickly, and he just isn't big enough running between the tackles. He works much better on the outside. I don't know how that will work with SEC speed, but it definitely looks like another option at this point.

On Terry Grant and BJ Scott!!!

Sweeps, Screens, and even reverses would benefit TG the most, IMO. We have to get a guy with his talent in the open field and let him work.

It seems that BJ Scott is not being used either. Hopefully, he will get more touches since his redshirt has been burned. We need him on returns or something. He only has 1 catch for no gain. He is too talented to waste!!!

Back
Top Bottom