| NEWS I keep seeing RIP for SI?

Your priorities seem to be very on point. Have a nice life.
Yeah, my priorities are not having my young children sexualized, recruited, and groomed by having mental disorders replete with chemical castration and genital mutilation worshiped and glamorized on a SPORTS magazine cover. My priorities are not having propaganda shoved down my throat in an effort to force me to acquiesce to and accommodate dudes with severe psychosis that like to wear dresses. My priorities are not having my daughters preyed upon in their own public bathrooms by those same psychotic dudes.

On point, indeed.

My life is already exponentially more than nice, already. Thank you for the well wishes, though.

But go on with your anti-family Marxist ideology.

Last edited:
That’s why I’ve used the ignore function on several, they make it really difficult
i get it: but then again I don't. Why would you ignore someone who disagrees with you?

@JoshB you see. This I don't get. I listen to everyone. While I might not agree with what someone is posting I don't just...shut them out.

If you can't listen to what someone else is saying you are a wimp; I'd use the word pussy but someone would self identify.

Your priorities seem to be very on point. Have a nice life.
What's crazy here...you and Darren would get along. You will challenge each other. Y'all can't see it because you are all caught up in this political bullshit.

I've talked to both of you, offline, and you are a lot alike.

Growing up in the 80's, that Thursday afternoon trip to the mailbox to get the Sports Illustrated and see who was on the cover was always a fun walk. I used to keep all the issues in milk crates in my room... my own little SI library. So I guess it's kinda weird that I don't feel any sadness over the news this week. Their product has been bad for several years (the digital side, I haven't picked up a magazine in over a decade). Their Bama/SI (BamaCentral) twig is absolutely terrible, at least from the little content that I've seen. But, I'm not so sure all this isn't more about the decline of print media as a whole than it is about some 300 lb whales in the swimsuit issue. ESPN, the internet, and social media have squeezed the life out of them over the years. I think they made some poor business decisions in terms of direction in recent years (including who they employed), but they were headed towards the cliffs regardless, IMO.

You are smart enough to present your views. Go. I'm all for MWGA.
I have no desire to go back and forth with someone whose obsessed with other people's sexual orientations, trans bullshit, culture war nonsense, etc.. I have no place for that in my life, especially right now and especially someone that has no clue what "Marxism" is calling me a Marxist or "anti family" because I don't get my panties in a bunch because Bud Light or Sports Illustrated doesn't openly hate gay or trans people. I have so much more very serious shit going on in my life to ever put myself through that again.

@JoshB I know you are going through a lot and for that I am truly sorry you are going through it, With that said not trying to pick a fight but I hear this a lot to shutdown the debate. If you oppose something you hate them. That is pure propaganda and what most conservatives are tired of. This is not specifically related to what others have specifically said in the thread that is between you guys.

@JoshB I know you are going through a lot and for that I am truly sorry you are going through it, With that said not trying to pick a fight but I hear this a lot to shutdown the debate. If you oppose something you hate them. That is pure propaganda and what most conservatives are tired of. This is not specifically related to what others have specifically said in the thread that is between you guys.

All you have to do is read what he's posted. I don't care what "others" have said. The only part I will agree with is I am shutting down "debate" with him because I am not debating anything with him. But just look at what you said and really think about this. You're accusing me of just labeling "hate" on someone because I dont want to debate yet he labeled me as a "Marxist" and anti-family for no other reason than I don't agree with him on something. Let that sink in.

All you have to do is read what he's posted. I don't care what "others" have said. The only part I will agree with is I am shutting down "debate" with him because I am not debating anything with him. But just look at what you said and really think about this. You're accusing me of just labeling "hate" on someone because I dont want to debate yet he labeled me as a "Marxist" and anti-family for no other reason than I don't agree with him on something. Let that sink in.
Painting a broad brush here - the media and liberals label it as hate if you disagree with something that misaligns with the liberal agenda. It is all about DEI these days. Now I get how a person phrases the disagreement has a lot to do with that perception.

Now back to the topic - do you feel any of the things SI pushed had anything to do with their demise and if so what and why?

So you ACTUALLY think that Budweiser's decision to hire a self-mutilating dude with a severe mental disorder that likes to wear dresses as a spokesman...and their immediate exponential sales losses right after said decision are completely unrelated?

Painting a broad brush here - the media and liberals label it as hate if you disagree with something that misaligns with the liberal agenda. It is all about DEI these days. Now I get how a person phrases the disagreement has a lot to do with that perception.

Now back to the topic - do you feel any of the things SI pushed had anything to do with their demise and if so what and why?
DEI?

I'm gonna ignore your first paragraph because it has zero to do with anything I said.

What did they "push?" Diversity? No that did not lead to their "demise." I already laid out part of it. It's a fact that the new owners have been beefing with the union. It's a fact that they have moved away from award-winning writers in favor of using freaking AI, which hurt BADLY. Print media is unfortunately - especially at a national level - a dying business. All of that ties into it. Everyone does this "go woke go broke" nonsense and then weirdly rejoices when perception meets their reality. Disney has strong female leads, when one bombs that means Disney is dying. Meanwhile the company continues to rake in insane profits. Same for ESPN even when cable/sattelite TV is dying quicker than anything else. Conservatives had a hissy fit about Bud Light because they had some deal - which wasn't even anything major - with a gay or trans (I dont even know) influencer and what did it accomplish? Some billionaires lost some money and what? Coors picked up the sales that Bud Light lost, yet Coors does whole ass rainbow colored cans for Pride month. It accomplished nothing and was silly and matters zero in life. It's the same exact thing with SI featuring a trans athlete. It affects yours nor my life in any way, shape, form or fashion.

Back
Top Bottom