| FTBL I hope the players are taking this better than I am

G

This one is tougher than I thought it would be.

Maybe because I live in Georgia. Maybe because I wanted to believe all the hype and excitement. Maybe because I didn't want to listen to Coach Saban. Maybe because while I understand THE PROCESS I preferred to have an easier and quicker way.

I know this yuck feeling will go away. We really, really, really need to beat FSU though. I sure hope the players can refocus enough to do so.

I hope all of 'Bama Nation isn't taking it well.

I can relate to you 'Delta since we both live in GA. I wore my 'BAMA polo yesterday b/c I'm gonna still be proud of my team no matter who we lose too & I had some UGA fans give me a comment to the effect of "I'd be embarrassed to were that shirt after last night" & my reply was to the effect of "That is why your a fan of UGA".

I also had a few fans notice my shirt & compliment me w/ "Good Game" stuff like that, of which I appreciated b/c in reality, 'Bama shouldn't have been in the game at all when you look on paper but the scoreboard showed otherwise (this my fellow Tider is something that we've been missing for some time now).

Anyway, you may recall coach Urban Meyer commenting about the UF's attitude after losing to AU last year :arrow: totally disgusted... & then they practically vowed to never let that happen again both from the players & the admin standpoint. I hope we never lose the bitter taste of defeat from this loss to keep us focused through practice & gametime. Whatever it takes to master the process.

Forgive the saying...turn lemons into lemonaide.

Relax is my suggestion. IM usually one of the toughest on the team/coaches (see the 4 years of Shula) This game ate at me for about 30 seconds, then I realized we had no business even being in the game. We played like crap the whole first half and still could of won the game. We are an average team good enough to win every game if we play well and bad enough to lose every game when we play flat.

We got ran over last week up the middle and we just can't stop a decent running attack. The good news for us is that outside of LSU (that game is a mismatch), we've played the two best running teams on our schedule.

The UGA game was easily the most people I've ever seen on the UA campus. Great college atomsphere. Its actually fun to be an alabama fan again. If for no other reason than that, Saban was a bargain.

Its on to Jax and TPC at Sawgrass. 8)

What you said Lenny....

and yes it is fun being an Alabama fan again. The last few years have been rough and there is light at the other end of the tunnel except this time it is not an oncoming train!

a$#

Amen brother...I can take a loss like that anyday rather than getting our lunch handed to us the whole game. Props to GA...great team. Great game. I'm just glad our team has the guts to play tough. We'll get em next time.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Relax is my suggestion. IM usually one of the toughest on the team/coaches (see the 4 years of Shula) This game ate at me for about 30 seconds, then I realized we had no business even being in the game. We played like crap the whole first half and still could of won the game. We are an average team good enough to win every game if we play well and bad enough to lose every game when we play flat.

We got ran over last week up the middle and we just can't stop a decent running attack. The good news for us is that outside of LSU (that game is a mismatch), we've played the two best running teams on our schedule.

The UGA game was easily the most people I've ever seen on the UA campus. Great college atomsphere. Its actually fun to be an alabama fan again. If for no other reason than that, Saban was a bargain.

Well put Lenny

I didn't like the confidence most fans/players/ media had goign ito the UGA game.. it scared me, and rightfully so. I kept hearing how much better Arkansas is than UGA, etc etc.. i didn't like it one bit. I will say that I do think our team has so much more potential and talent than we are showing. If we could get the basics to this new system down, we woudl be in even better condition than we already are.. I strongly belive if JPW were on target we have out scored UGA and Arkansas with no problems.

But quite frankly I feel more in a comfort zone this week about FSU. We aren't overly confident, and we have something to prove.

Quite frankly we all should be upset about the loss. Georgia was a team that we could of easily been beaten, but we ended up defeating ourselfs. The combination of a inconsistant offense and below average Quarterback play was the main factors.

I really feel we can bounce back however against FSU. The team will have vengence on their mind this weekend and should take care of bussiness. I have no doubt in my mind that Coach Saban will have the them prepared, and Coach Steele will be a great asset this week. Don't worry guys, the Crimson Nation will be back on a high very soon.

Tider 27 said:
Quite frankly we all should be upset about the loss. Georgia was a team that we could of easily been beaten, but we ended up defeating ourselfs. The combination of a inconsistant offense and below average Quarterback play was the main factors.

I really feel we can bounce back however against FSU. The team will have vengence on their mind this weekend and should take care of bussiness. I have no doubt in my mind that Coach Saban will have the them prepared, and Coach Steele will be a great asset this week. Don't worry guys, the Crimson Nation will be back on a high very soon.

I have to disagree that we would should all be upset. I hoped the doom & gloom would wait a little while to come out, but it always surprises me. Sure, it's a disappointing loss, but they have better talent than we do and have a program that has been clicking along for 6 years (that's six more years than our program has if anyone is counting).

There were plenty of over-thrown passes and I agree that's a problem, but there were quite a few dropped passes by UGA's receivers that could have blown that game wide open. Their TE Chandler dropped three that I know of that would have sustained drives and possibly changed the game dramatically. There were mistakes by both teams, but I don't believe we defeated ourselves. UGA is a better team that we are and even with a flat first half, our guys did a great job to hang on and fight back like they did in the second half.

CNS has been saying the entire time that this is an ongoing process and we as the fans are going to have learn from this loss just as much as the players are. CNS is a great coach no doubt, but he's no magician. He's got these guys believing in themselves and maybe even playing a little over their heads. Just getting them to believe in themselves is a great change from what we have seen in the past.

Let's support CNS, JPW and the whole team and root them on to victory against FSU this weekend!! 24 hours is up, by the way.

moreno_iv said:
Tider 27 said:

I have to disagree that we would should all be upset. I hoped the doom & gloom would wait a little while to come out, but it always surprises me. Sure, it's a disappointing loss, but they have better talent than we do and have a program that has been clicking along for 6 years (that's six more years than our program has if anyone is counting).

There were plenty of over-thrown passes and I agree that's a problem, but there were quite a few dropped passes by UGA's receivers that could have blown that game wide open. Their TE Chandler dropped three that I know of that would have sustained drives and possibly changed the game dramatically. There were mistakes by both teams, but I don't believe we defeated ourselves. UGA is a better team that we are and even with a flat first half, our guys did a great job to hang on and fight back like they did in the second half.

CNS has been saying the entire time that this is an ongoing process and we as the fans are going to have learn from this loss just as much as the players are. CNS is a great coach no doubt, but he's no magician. He's got these guys believing in themselves and maybe even playing a little over their heads. Just getting them to believe in themselves is a great change from what we have seen in the past.

Let's support CNS, JPW and the whole team and root them on to victory against FSU this weekend!! 24 hours is up, by the way.
I agree... but want to add... with some better thrown passes on our end... it could have been opened just as wide for us!!!!! :) Roll Tide

I agree with you BamaDelta,fellow Georgian, but I have to remember nothing was expected of this team. That being said, these darn UGA fans really showed their true attitudes. What is interesting is in an article from the Atlanta Journal Constitution mentioned Saban encroaching on UGA recruiting soil... wonder if they are scared.

As my Dad said frequently "When the Tide was a power... Georgia was not worth a sh..."

tidefaninGA said:
I agree with you BamaDelta,fellow Georgian, but I have to remember nothing was expected of this team. That being said, these darn UGA fans really showed their true attitudes. What is interesting is in an article from the Atlanta Journal Constitution mentioned Saban encroaching on UGA recruiting soil... wonder if they are scared.

As my Dad said frequently "When the Tide was a power... Georgia was not worth a sh..."
we have several players from Georgia. Norcross High School sent Christensen and Bama is looking at another kid from there too.. adn we have several other players... Shula recruited in GA Saban will do much better in Georgia. the entire country shoudl be scared... Saban is back.

Lenny Kozlowski said:

Very well put...I'll see you down there hopefully.

Lenny Kozlowski said:

I gotta tell you Lenny, I like you a lot more now that Shula's gone!!! :lol:

Seriously though, well put.

Back
Top Bottom