| FTBL I have really liked the job Applewhite has done

joeman546

Verified Member
I guess the offense doesn't seem all that different from last year, but it does seem alot more effective. Big thing though is I cannot tell whats coming anymore, and despite the problems we have throwing the ball, the opportunities to throw to a reciever have been numerous. We have scored 20+ in every game that we have played, and the chance to increase it to even 30+ have been there.

With all the info about Saban, this guy also seems like a keeper, since he is going to get better. I might not be as happy with execution, but the play calling has been excellent with only few exceptions that seem more like learning curves.

So, basically, a good job by Applewhite, Saban, and the whole coaching staff seems to be showing.

I agree with you joeman. I think Applewhite is going to to be great for this offense. I think he has a firm understanding of the Saban system and is very good at squeezing whatever he can out of an offense. I think he has a very bright future.

My only concern is how long it will take before offers of head coaching jobs will come looming. Everybody loves an up-and-comer.

He is still relatively new as a coach. One concern could be that Texas fans are not very happy with their current OC, and he might hear mama calling.

psychojoe said:
He is still relatively new as a coach. One concern could be that Texas fans are not very happy with their current OC, and he might hear mama calling.

That would translate to him staying at Alabama. Do you know how involved his family has been with the Alabama program?

Yes, I know that his dad was and is a big time fan, and that he was named after Major Ogilvie. He did play at Texas and Texas fans still hold him in high regard.

Major's offense is explosive. Many are bummed out because he is having to keep it conservative but I can promise you the moment JPW finds his arm again or we put Mcelroy or Fanuzzi back there we will see the explosive O that he can give us.

Hero said:
Major's offense is explosive. Many are bummed out because he is having to keep it conservative but I can promise you the moment JPW finds his arm again or we put Mcelroy or Fanuzzi back there we will see the explosive O that he can give us.

I tend to agree. I don't know that JPW is the ideal QB for Applewhite's system. Saying that it is what it is though. I'm ready to go with it...I just hope JPW is.

I have read somewhere that this is not the offense that CMA wants to run.His style is a little more wide open but Saban wants the ball control offense now because of lack of depth on the D.Anyone with any info on this?
I like the play calling but would love to see more throws to TE and more quick screens to RB's and WR's :D

crmstider said:
I have read somewhere that this is not the offense that CMA wants to run.His style is a little more wide open but Saban wants the ball control offense now because of lack of depth on the D.Anyone with any info on this?
I like the play calling but would love to see more throws to TE and more quick screens to RB's and WR's :D

Please don't use the term SCREEN and refer to our D in the same paragraph until further notice. Thanks. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom