| LIFE I didn't realize how much I despise going to the phone store until it's time ...

TerryP

Staff
...to go to the phone store. I'll begrudgingly admit it's time for a new phone. Although, the case is in worse shape (looks like a 90 year old preachers Bible.) It's not going to cost me anymore money. It's just the point of ...

... going to the damn phone store.

And now I'll have to find a new case. Geez! 😠

I haven't gone to the store except to pick up my already bought phone in YEARS. No reason to go in. I order my upgrade online and chat with them if I need to get a discount that isn't listed or something. For most people the same applies. You are either getting the latest Apple, Samsung, or Pixel in most cases. Why would you need to go in for that. And the cases they sell in the stores are overpriced compared to what you can find on Amazon.

Do that shit online. You can pick out your phone + case + any accessories, do the contract, and have it shipped to you all online.

The last time I upgraded, I did it all online. I chose to pick the phone up in the store because they had it that day and I didn't have to wait. But if I'd have had it shipped, it would've taken up to a week. But I was being impatient so I decided to do the in-store pickup. So all I did was walk in, show them my screen with my order info, and they brought it out to me in less than a minute. They even mailed me a return envelope with a shipping label for my old phone so I could get the credit.

...to go to the phone store. I'll begrudgingly admit it's time for a new phone. Although, the case is in worse shape (looks like a 90 year old preachers Bible.) It's not going to cost me anymore money. It's just the point of ...

... going to the damn phone store.

And now I'll have to find a new case. Geez! 😠

You can find cheaper cases there.

You can find cheaper cases there.
Already looking ... but, err, thanks. :ROFLMAO:

I ordered my Pixel 6 Pro online and found the closest one with it in stock to pick up from. Had the phone within about an hour of hitting the order button. Didn't even have to walk into the store, they brought it out to my car.
I almost looked in depth at one of those. A friend mentioned the unique charging cord.

I may have been able to go that route. Of the two locations (within a half of an hour) I found out one was closed today. Unavoidable.

It's USB-C. All phones over the last few years except iPhones are USB-C. There are a few Mini-USB, but not many. It also does wireless charging.
It's been a few years since then ... had a friend whose son picked up a Pixel several years ago. He told me that his wife, son, and the charging cord he used were all different. Perhaps they changed in the last few years?

It would take a Google search for me to know ...

The first Pixel in 2016 had USB-C and was one of the first phones with it. Most phones, except Apple, were using Micro-USB at that time so it is possible that is the timeframe. Samsung started the same year with their Note 7. Moto moved all of theirs I think by 2020. Europe has made USB-C the legal requirement for all phones going forward because Apple was still forcing people to use their proprietary bullshit while also making people pay for charging blocks if they didn't have one.

Thing about charging with USB-C is that is only requires a new cable in a lot of cases. I have a mix of USB-C and USB-A chargers around and have USB-C to USB-C cables or USB-A to USB-C cables on them and they all work fine. So your old charger will work with the right cable (or adapter) even though it might charge slower. But in any case, I don't know of any phones in the last few years that still use micro-USB.

And it will cost more!
Depends on your insurance. I had the high deductible plan last year and the first DR visit was around $900 after tests and all. I had to pay it all because our deductible was $4000. My Pixel 6 Pro was only around $700 cash and less on the monthly payment deal due to credits (I'll pay about $300 for it overall).

Was nice this year though since I changed plans, $20 copay again.

Back
Top Bottom