| FTBL Humiliation

Everybody needs to shut the hell up and grow the hell up. Let's think about this thing a minute:
We are all diehard Alabama fans and are all equally pissed and embarrassed about losing to a middle of the road sunbelt team. But life will go on guys.I promise. Beating or losing to ULM isnt going to solve global warming issues so lets drop it and focus on the iron bowl. Alabama has the ability to win or lose by 14 to those guys. It depends on which team shows up and we dont have a damn clue which one it will be. So have a great Thanksgiving and get ready for this weekend. It will be a good game regardless.

rolltyroll said:
Everybody needs to shut the hell up and grow the hell up. Let's think about this thing a minute:
We are all diehard Alabama fans and are all equally pissed and embarrassed about losing to a middle of the road sunbelt team. But life will go on guys.I promise. Beating or losing to ULM isnt going to solve global warming issues so lets drop it and focus on the iron bowl. Alabama has the ability to win or lose by 14 to those guys. It depends on which team shows up and we dont have a damn clue which one it will be. So have a great Thanksgiving and get ready for this weekend. It will be a good game regardless.

Nice post. Although it's debatable whether we are all equally upset over the ULM loss, what is clear is that a precious few have chosen to display their feelings in a decidedly unequal manner.

For me, it's all very difficult to follow. Perhaps after our next loss, someone can start different threads for bamaf-ans and bamaf-rauds. I've had a bit of trouble telling the difference between the two, but it's getting a bit clearer.

RTR,

Tim

bamanaf said:
More humiliation. Enough for one week... Our basketball team just got their butts kicked by Belmont. Theyve never beaten an SEC team until they met good ol' Alabama. Come on , Geez..
ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEEE

Now, even though this is the football forum, let me address this post specifically.

We lost on a shot with 2 seconds left on the clock, hardly a "butt kicking." If you think this Belmont team wasn't a good team, perhaps you should have done a little research into their team, specifically, the big win they had to start the season over Cincy. They are a veteran team, playing mostly upperclassmen, and a great defensive team which is often overlooked due to their offensive prowess.

Experience won that game last night. They have it, we don't. If you don't think that experience means a great deal look no further than the run GW made recently.

My reply about Belmont. They were NAIA until 6 or 7 years ago. My alma mater (which has a student body of 2,000) used to beat them every other game. The cool thing about playing Belmont for us was...Vince Gill would always come to campus to see them play. He traveled to most all the close conference games. We used to give him hell because he was a loud fan. They may be starting upper classmen but they should still not be in our league in the best conference in college sports. BB will be a long season.

TerryP said:
bamanaf said:
More humiliation. Enough for one week... Our basketball team just got their butts kicked by Belmont. Theyve never beaten an SEC team until they met good ol' Alabama. Come on , Geez..
ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEEE

Now, even though this is the football forum, let me address this post specifically.

We lost on a shot with 2 seconds left on the clock, hardly a "butt kicking." If you think this Belmont team wasn't a good team, perhaps you should have done a little research into their team, specifically, the big win they had to start the season over Cincy. They are a veteran team, playing mostly upperclassmen, and a great defensive team which is often overlooked due to their offensive prowess.

Experience won that game last night. They have it, we don't. If you don't think that experience means a great deal look no further than the run GW made recently.

Dude its FREAKING BELMONT!!!
Dont sugarcoat a crap loss to an A Sun conference team. :roll:

Lenny Kozlowski said:
TerryP said:
bamanaf said:
ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEEE

UA's basketball team will get better as the season progresses. Belmont has a very good team that beat us on a last second shot. They beat Cincy by 11. Bama just came off a big win over Mercer which beat # 18th ranked USC.

Bones82 said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
TerryP said:
bamanaf said:
ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEEE

UA's basketball team will get better as the season progresses. Belmont has a very good team that beat us on a last second shot. They beat Cincy by 11. Bama just came off a big win over Mercer which beat # 18th ranked USC.

WOW are you Gotfrieds brother or what?

Gotfried couldnt coach his way out of a paper bag.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
TerryP said:
bamanaf said:
ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEEE

I'm not sugarcoating a damn thing. I knew this game was going to be a tough one from the get to. Anytime you have a group of players that have been together for awhile, upperclassmen at that, playing a team learning to gel there is always and advantage even if it IS a smaller conference.

Watch this Belmont team this year. You'll change your mind.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
TerryP said:
bamanaf said:
ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEEE

Take a chill pill dude. It is November, not February. Kentucky has already lost to Gardner-Webb. Ohio State has lost to Kentucky Wesleyan. Michigan State has lost to Grand Valley State. All of these were at home, and all of these teams are worse than Belmont. No one is going undefeated in basketball this year. It has been a while since anyone has run the table. This is a young group that will have growing pains as the season develops. If each loss is going to throw you into such despair why not take the season off and pull for Sarah Patterson's girls.

psychojoe said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
TerryP said:
bamanaf said:
ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEEE

Take a chill pill dude. It is November, not February. Kentucky has already lost to Gardner-Webb. Ohio State has lost to Kentucky Wesleyan. Michigan State has lost to Grand Valley State. All of these were at home, and all of these teams are worse than Belmont. No one is going undefeated in basketball this year. It has been a while since anyone has run the table. This is a young group that will have growing pains as the season develops. If each loss is going to throw you into such despair why not take the season off and pull for Sarah Patterson's girls.

Nice post, PsychoJoe.

Rolltide24 said:
My reply about Belmont. They were NAIA until 6 or 7 years ago. My alma mater (which has a student body of 2,000) used to beat them every other game. The cool thing about playing Belmont for us was...Vince Gill would always come to campus to see them play. He traveled to most all the close conference games. We used to give him hell because he was a loud fan. They may be starting upper classmen but they should still not be in our league in the best conference in college sports. BB will be a long season.

Uhh, you think the SEC is the best conference in basketball? ;scr

Outlaw said:
Rolltide24 said:

Uhh, you think the SEC is the best conference in basketball? ;scr

I don't know, last 2 national championships have come from the SEC. I think its a little better than the Trans South Conference.

I guess the SEC and PAC 10 had the most sweet 16 teams in 2007 (3) and the SEC has one the last 2 titles with 2 of the final 4 teams in 2006. I say the conference turns out as good if not better than any other conference when the dust settles in March. Just my opinion I guess.

Back
Top Bottom