| FTBL How do you feel about these two in the receiving corps?

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Agiye Hall and Jocorey Brooks? We all know what Brooks did in the cow game. Hall that I can remember didn't play much in the season. I do know all these receiving nee to woek on that speed, it may not get to Williams speed but close to kit would be great! Here to Saban getting his Christmas gifts early again this year! So will we see some of the early signer playing a lot?

Both have loads of potential. We saw what Brooks could do. On Hall, he's a guy that spent his share of time in the dog house (at one time, he was destined for the portal), but it appears a light came on very late in the season. I think he came in hoping to be 3 and done, and it didn't go as he was expecting or wanting right out of the gate. Some of these guys have a lot of pressure on them. Hall is no exception... he has a kid and I think he's even married if I recall? Anyway, things appear to be back on track with him. He chose a different path from his teammate Baker. Personally, I'm thankful he did. His size and athleticism are needed with that group, but more importantly, I want to see him finish as one of those guys that ends up fighting through some tough situations but sticks it out and has it pay off (literally). Saban's teams at Alabama have been built by players like that.

JMO but has to get better at what I will call 4 levels of receiving.

RB=swing level
TE/FB=short level
Slot=mid-level
WR=take off the top level

If we can get good at all the levels that would make Bryce's job so much easier. You don't need 1st rounders as all levels (will take that) but good and consistent performance week after week. We got very little out of the short level group week after week. BRob did a nice job but we need a shake and bake guy to make the defense respect the flats. Nick has to grow that mid-level that Metchie did good work even though he dropped a bunch and the take of the top guys is to be determined. Hopefully the new group coming in can fix the TE/Hback problem. The RB from GT might be our shake and bake guy.

A-Day 3 months away.

JMO but has to get better at what I will call 4 levels of receiving.

RB=swing level
TE/FB=short level
Slot=mid-level
WR=take off the top level

If we can get good at all the levels that would make Bryce's job so much easier. You don't need 1st rounders as all levels (will take that) but good and consistent performance week after week. We got very little out of the short level group week after week. BRob did a nice job but we need a shake and bake guy to make the defense respect the flats. Nick has to grow that mid-level that Metchie did good work even though he dropped a bunch and the take of the top guys is to be determined. Hopefully the new group coming in can fix the TE/Hback problem. The RB from GT might be our shake and bake guy.

A-Day 3 months away.

Got McClellan, but Gibbs definitely gives us an A+ backfield.

@rick4bama

Since you mentioned speed and Williams ...

Let's keep in mind with JW we're talking about straight line speed; in this case the 100. Hall is definitely slower. **There are three running backs who have a better 100 time(s) than Hall.

**(I was looking at break away speed from the running backs in '22 earlier.)

Leary and Law, both track athletes like Williams, have both been timed quicker than JW (by fractions of a second.)

There are a lot of questions to be answered at WR next season... But the talent is obviously there. Can only get seasoning one way... It's bound to happen for a few of these guys.

When you add Holden & Jojo to these 2, that group feels more competent. I'd be shocked if we didn't have a transfer WR with a proven track record... And hopefully a lot of speed!

There's a handful of talented freshman as well and I'd be shocked if 1 or 2 doesn't slide into the rotation. Throw in Leary & Jones Bell, the competition should bring out the best in all these cats!

But it all starts upfront. Need a solid line to give our running backs holes to run thru as well as giving Bryce a solid pocket
This is the key to everything. With an OL that struggled the offense still put up 40+ points per game. Able to work around it against most teams but in the championship level games need that OL to be elite.

This is the key to everything. With an OL that struggled the offense still put up 40+ points per game. Able to work around it against most teams but in the championship level games need that OL to be elite.
Ekiyor coming back along with McGlughlin coming on strong down the stretch is a good look for the interrior. I'm sure Dalcourt still plays into that interrior, just not sure how McLaughlin isn't the fave coming into Spring with his performance. Latham almost surely wins a spot... One of the tackles? And you'd hope either the likes of Knight, Brockermeyer, and George can play some good ball next season along with another interior option in the mix.

Ekiyor coming back along with McGlughlin coming on strong down the stretch is a good look for the interrior. I'm sure Dalcourt still plays into that interrior, just not sure how McLaughlin isn't the fave coming into Spring with his performance. Latham almost surely wins a spot... One of the tackles? And you'd hope either the likes of Knight, Brockermeyer, and George can play some good ball next season along with another interior option in the mix.

Latham definitely has a spot, I would bet at RT or LT. I agree on McLaughlin at center, I think that's his now. Ekiyor returning is really big, IMO. Could see Dalcourt compete George and Roberts at guard while backing up at center. I think Cohen has the ability to play tackle, but I really like him at guard. Hopefully T. Brockermeyer can get bigger/stronger and take over the other tackle spot. If things look squirrely after spring though, don't think for a second Saban won't grab a guy from the portal if there's one he thinks can step in and play. The good news is, they will have some bodies and talent to work with.

Latham definitely has a spot, I would bet at RT or LT. I agree on McLaughlin at center, I think that's his now. Ekiyor returning is really big, IMO. Could see Dalcourt compete George and Roberts at guard while backing up at center. I think Cohen has the ability to play tackle, but I really like him at guard. Hopefully T. Brockermeyer can get bigger/stronger and take over the other tackle spot. If things look squirrely after spring though, don't think for a second Saban won't grab a guy from the portal if there's one he thinks can step in and play. The good news is, they will have some bodies and talent to work with.
I felt like Cohen had a respectable year and could take a big step next season! Really like having Dalcourt in the mix at all 3 interior positions... Really good flexibility and insurance for that group!

We usually have a Tackle at RT waiting in the wings to move to LT. Not this year. Will actually have to replace both. This will be a challenge for the offense and offensive coaching staff.

Let's not forget what the staff feels Booker can bring to the table. When he was recruited the staff told him they felt he could compete for a tackle spot this fall. If he can pick up what he needs in pass-pro (footwork not unlike Owens this season) we could see the combination of Latham and Booker on the ends still leaving the line experienced and strong from guard to guard.

Back
Top Bottom