| FTBL How do y'all feel about the new staff (so far)?

How y'all feeling about the staff for this upcoming season?

• Very Confident.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Confident.

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Meh.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Not confident.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
what.gif
images

I see ur point but...

Nobody intheir right mind is gonna question nick's decisions on his football program
Sabans stated that if he feels like a hindrance to the team, he's step down so he wouldn't hurt the team. In no way is that the case right now. And whenever the time comes for him to retire, he's left this program in great shape. Get a great coach to come in with a similar system, and it should keep rolling. And Byrne's shown he can make a great hire, so he'll be a key part of that as well. Let's just enjoy Saban for a another decade(hopefully).

Ok I do not understand why you would hope the GOAT would step down. That is where you leave me shaking my head.
I just think it's time. Plus, with college now more like the NFL than ever, I'm not sure that his message is still getting through (same reason-$). It didn't seem to last year, and I think that was more of a new normal than an anomaly. I think players will all give lip service to "the process," but as they make more and more $ in college, I believe we'll continue to see players making mistakes that either never happened before, or never happened with the frequency that we're now seeing. We just had the most penalized Alabama team under Saban, I believe.

I also think a coach hanging on too long can do much more damage to a program than one leaving a year too early. Belichick used to be the best at this when it came to players, but now, not so much.

I doubt anyone else on the board, or in, and I hate this term, "Bama nation" agrees, and that's fine. But I'm ready for a change, for those reasons and a few more.

I just think it's time. Plus, with college now more like the NFL than ever, I'm not sure that his message is still getting through (same reason-$). It didn't seem to last year, and I think that was more of a new normal than an anomaly. I think players will all give lip service to "the process," but as they make more and more $ in college, I believe we'll continue to see players making mistakes that either never happened before, or never happened with the frequency that we're now seeing. We just had the most penalized Alabama team under Saban, I believe.

I also think a coach hanging on too long can do much more damage to a program than one leaving a year too early. Belichick used to be the best at this when it came to players, but now, not so much.

I doubt anyone else on the board, or in, and I hate this term, "Bama nation" agrees, and that's fine. But I'm ready for a change, for those reasons and a few more.
2 close loses last year...away
#1 recruiting class coming in...nobody recruits like nick
A+ assistant coaches taking over...for weak less prepared ones

Nick still has some bounce...some are worried about AGE....
Well...i can tell you....what you lose as you age...you make up In experience....to some point.

Back
Top Bottom