| FTBL How do we stack up against Tennessee?

BigAl

Verified Member
I cant believe they ran thru Georgia like they did. Do you think we got a legitimate shot at old smokey? Can we stop their run? Can we run the ball on these turds? No im not looking past old sis im just concerned?

I didn't take much away from some of the action I watched on UT.

Georgia, simply put, didn't show up for the first half. They only managed two first downs and didn't cross the mid-field stripe until after half-time.

We'll see when they travel to T-town.

One thing I feel had an bearing on the UT performance was an article in one of their local papers that pretty much ripped Fulmer, the team and the program to shreads. It was enough to tick off Fulmer and the team fed off of his emotion.

I'm not taking anything away from the UT win. But, we have seen time and time again that the season first half has little to no bearing on the UT vs Bama matchup.

Fulmer usually doesn't have a lot of success against first year coaches which bodes in our favor. He's only won 5 out of the last 20 match-ups against ranked SEC opponents. Now, we aren't ranked, but we can win this game.

We'll all have a better feel for this game after Ole Miss this weekend.

uhhh... sorry, im not even going to think about anyone but the up coming game. to be honest, ole miss scares the hell out of me!!!

sorry, for the negativity... just wondering when we are going to play for a full game.

bamafan said:
uhhh... sorry, im not even going to think about anyone but the up coming game. to be honest, ole miss scares the hell out of me!!!

sorry, for the negativity... just wondering when we are going to play for a full game.

Ole Miss doesn't scare me at all right now...and I've just starting looking at their team.

In the SEC, standings wise...through wk 5.

Last in scoring offense.
Next to last in scoring defense.
4th in passing offense.
Last in pass defense.
Next to last in turnover margin.
Last in rushing offense.
Last in rushing defense.
Total defense? You got it, last again.
What team has allowed more 1st down than any other team in the SEC? Do I need to even answer this question?
Red zone offense? Last.
They are ranked first in Red Zone defense...but, that's a bad thing. Opponents are scoring 70% of the time.

Vandy made the Barn look good Fl made Tenn look bad Ga made Tenn look good FL made Lsu look betable so that my point we don't need to overlook anyone because anybody can win on any Sat. But I do think the Tide will roll

rooster03 said:
Vandy made the Barn look good Fl made Tenn look bad Ga made Tenn look good FL made Lsu look betable so that my point we don't need to overlook anyone because anybody can win on any Sat. But I do think the Tide will roll

I don't imagine the team will look past them but they are far from superb competition. Still we won't look past them as we can't afford to against anyone.

BigAl said:
I cant believe they ran thru Georgia like they did. Do you think we got a legitimate shot at old smokey? Can we stop their run? Can we run the ball on these turds? No im not looking past old sis im just concerned?

Get back with me on that question like in the third week in October.

Right now the focus is on Ole Sis. You know they didn't look too shabby against Florida.

bear facts said:
BigAl said:

Get back with me on that question like in the third week in October.

Right now the focus is on Ole Sis. You know they didn't look too shabby against Florida.

Yes sir! That's what I have been thinking about as well.

TerryP said:
bamafan said:

Ole Miss doesn't scare me at all right now...and I've just starting looking at their team.

Last in scoring offense.
4th in passing offense.
Last in pass defense.
Last in rushing offense.
Last in rushing defense.
What team has allowed more 1st down than any other team in the SEC? Do I need to even answer this question?
Red zone offense? Last.
They are ranked first in Red Zone defense...but, that's a bad thing. Opponents are scoring 70% of the time.
They also played a heck of a game against the Gayterds.

I see a lot here pointing to their game against Florida. I'll touch on that in a second.

What I don't see the same members pointing to is the 31-17 trashing they suffered at the hands of Vandy. Or, the 45-17 shellacking they suffered at the hands of Georgia. Their only win this season was by 2 at Memphis.

Now, as to the Florida game. I watched that game, just like I've watched UF 3X this season. Much like UGA vs UT, Florida wasn't "there."

Ole Miss dropped 5-6 DB's back in that game to force UF to run the ball. They did, and with success. Still, they had a balanced attack with just a few yards separating the yards rushing vs passing.

With about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter UF sat back on her haunches up 27-9. That game was in hand, and with the youth that team has they made the same mistake we have this year; a relief mode. A two play, broken coverage play led to one TD. A 4 play, broken coverage again, led to another TD.

Florida, in a word, looked lethargic. Not surprisingly a lot pointed to them looking ahead to the LSU game. We know it is a very young Florida team. Over 40% of that team had never traveled to another SEC school in their career.

Bottom line, it wasn't the same Florida team we saw at LSU. And, if I may add, it was another one of those games where the scoreboard didn't give an indication of how the game actually played out.

I agree with you Terry about FL not playing a good game at Ole Miss we watched it before the GA game so with all that was going on I don't pay much attention to all the details but Ole Miss missed alot of chances in the 1st half to score TD and settle for FG and are Def. Backs seem to get alittle out of position some times so the long pass wories me but we should be able to ran the ball enough to handle them

TerryP said:
bamafan said:

Last in scoring offense.
4th in passing offense.
Last in pass defense.
Last in rushing offense.
Last in rushing defense.
Red zone offense? Last.

Houston would be ranked behind them in all of these categorieds probably. I do not think we have a single "gimme" win on our schedule except LA Monroe.

Bones82 said:
TerryP said:
bamafan said:

Last in scoring offense.
4th in passing offense.
Last in pass defense.
Last in rushing offense.
Last in rushing defense.
Red zone offense? Last.

Houston would be ranked behind them in all of these categorieds probably. I do not think we have a single "gimme" win on our schedule except LA Monroe.

I don't agree with that. Heck, Saban even said he had never coached against an offense with so many combinations and options as Houston fields. O would have been in a far worse position if they played each other.

The only comparison we are going to have is going to be is a Houston vs Mphs matchup...a game Ole Miss won by 2.

Bones82 said:
TerryP said:
bamafan said:

Last in scoring offense.
4th in passing offense.
Last in pass defense.
Last in rushing offense.
Last in rushing defense.
Red zone offense? Last.

Houston would be ranked behind them in all of these categorieds probably.

Seriously? Did you not read anything about Houston? Or am I reading your statement wrong? :?

Outlaw said:
Bones82 said:
TerryP said:
bamafan said:

Last in scoring offense.
4th in passing offense.
Last in pass defense.
Last in rushing offense.
Last in rushing defense.
Red zone offense? Last.

Seriously? Did you not read anything about Houston? Or am I reading your statement wrong? :?

Let me put it this way. Do you think Ole Miss would beat Houston? I personally think they would. Houston had some skill position players that looked sharp but I think Ole Miss would have enough to beat them.

Bones82 said:
Outlaw said:
Bones82 said:
TerryP said:
bamafan said:

Last in scoring offense.
4th in passing offense.
Last in pass defense.
Last in rushing offense.
Last in rushing defense.
Red zone offense? Last.

Let me put it this way. Do you think Ole Miss would beat Houston? I personally think they would. Houston had some skill position players that looked sharp but I think Ole Miss would have enough to beat them.

Put it this way, I have more confidence in Houston's team than I do in Ole Miss. Houston could easily have been undefeated coming into our game. They could have easily beaten us. If they didn't turn the ball over 4-5 times a game, they would be a very solid team. They have the best offense we have seen so far, and probably the best we'll see all season. Ole Miss has been outgained (yardage wise) EVERY game so far this season. Houston, if I'm not mistaken, has outgained every one of their opponents.

All IMHO of course, so take it for what it's worth, which might not be much. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom