| FTBL Here's a short video clip of McElwain's offense...

Nice look. Everything happens real quick, putting less pressure on the o-line. It looks like if the receivers can run disciplined routes and the QB can hit the target, you're in business.

The running plays remind me of the type of plays that we used to run with Shaun Alexander.

rooster65 said:
I like how he spreads the field and attacks the seams.Also, alot of it is quick and timing based.

If you'll go back and look at some of the highlights of the UT game last year you'll see a lot, A LOT, of similarities.

This was a very good hire. I hope it translates to on the field production/control and points. I really like what I have seen of McElwain's offense. Less of JPW being force to make a decision and more reaction creating plays.

TerryP said:
rooster65 said:
I like how he spreads the field and attacks the seams.Also, alot of it is quick and timing based.

If you'll go back and look at some of the highlights of the UT game last year you'll see a lot, A LOT, of similarities.

I was just going to say that!! This looks alot like the offense we already have. I saw alot of that last year and in the A-Day game this past April. I see why CNS went after CJM. So he can continue to implement "Bama's" offense.

Kc said:
This was a very good hire. I hope it translates to on the field production/control and points. I really like what I have seen of McElwain's offense. Less of JPW being force to make a decision and more reaction creating plays.

Don't go overboard, Kc. The jury's still out on this guy. It's not like he was a genius in a storied progam......like Troy.

It Takes Eleven said:
Kc said:

Don't go overboard, Kc. The jury's still out on this guy. It's not like he was a genius in a storied progam......like Troy.

:lol:

I personally think he'll do fine here at Bama. I'm impressed with all the videos I've seen of his offense at Fresno State. There are a lot of similarities to our offense last season, but I like the his designed routes more. They look more crisp and timely...like mentioned before.

It Takes Eleven said:
Kc said:

Don't go overboard, Kc. The jury's still out on this guy. It's not like he was a genius in a storied program......like Troy.

:lol:

I needed a good laugh. Living around delusional Aubrun fans can get on your nerves...came home to find a pink toilet in my yard...with Aubrun stickers all over it. My first thought was "Where is my sledgehammer?"...apon further review it was something for the Relay for Cancer...so it stayed for few hours...donated to get it removed. A lot of my friends asked if I took a crap in it....no I didn't, but it was funny thought. :D

Back
Top Bottom