| FOOD Here's a good one. "Ketchup isn't available. What do you do?"

Cheese or a gravy….brown gravy (beef)

My ex-wife’s friend actually won a nationwide meatloaf cooking comp (1988-1990 time frame) she gave my ex the recipe and it was cheese on that one…

I do not eat meatloaf with ketchup on it!!!🤢
Find that recipe and post it. I got five/six pounds of sirloin ground up this week. That sounds like fun.

Find that recipe and post it. I got five/six pounds of sirloin ground up this week. That sounds like fun.
Now my brother could cook all kinds of stuff, he was good inside cooking and outside cooking(passed away almost 9 years ago) I need to see if my sister in law has any of his stuff. I know most of his in his head but I’m sure he wrote some down. He could cook anything!!!

For me, it depends on the type of restaurant and even the type of fries. If I'm at a good seafood place, I'll use the cocktail sauce. If I'm at a place like Baumhower's or Buddy's (RIP) that has really good homemade ranch, then I'll go with that. At Chick-Fil-A I change things up and use 3 of their sauces, along with ketchup at times, depending on the day. Same for a place like Milos.

For me, it depends on the type of restaurant and even the type of fries. If I'm at a good seafood place, I'll use the cocktail sauce. If I'm at a place like Baumhower's or Buddy's (RIP) that has really good homemade ranch, then I'll go with that. At Chick-Fil-A I change things up and use 3 of their sauces, along with ketchup at times, depending on the day. Same for a place like Milos.
Chick-Fil-A Polynesian sauce. 🤤

Now my brother could cook all kinds of stuff, he was good inside cooking and outside cooking(passed away almost 9 years ago) I need to see if my sister in law has any of his stuff. I know most of his in his head but I’m sure he wrote some down. He could cook anything!!!
I truly get that. When I was involved in the pub, JD, a partner, spent about six months on a pizza sauce. (I can't remember the cost on the pizza oven...it was expensive.)

The claim pizza he had in the end would make you slap anyone.

Ego aside, the only thing I can't cook is deer. I've tried...just can't take the taste in the end. A friend of mine took a boar a few years ago...went with jerky. I could eat that. But I can't eat deer meat.

@Brandon Van de Graaff Get this.

Looking east or west, there is a CFA within 10 minutes. But.

LIttle known...there's one on Charleston Southern's campus. That's a five minute bike ride.

Hot. Fresh. The peanut oil is always clean. Ya wanna know what's even crazier? I don't get charged for the cafeteria there. I"ve tried to pay, and they won't take the money. Part of this comes from Gabe. But it's still; weird.

Seasoned salt would be enough, but I like A-1 drifting into my fries, or even my baked tater if my hamburger steak isn't sufficiently adorned with onions and gravy.

We're down at Orange Beach right now with the family - Mom, wife, two boys (with a wife and girlfriend) and two grandkids. Went to Lambert's yesterday and hurt ourselves. I always make the strategic error of snagging and scarfing a couple of throwed rolls with honey and apple butter before getting down to business. Hog jowls, white beans, turnip greens and cornbread was my order, but when you throw in the fried potatoes/onions and blackeyed peas, it was quite the exercise. One boy ate all of his gizzards, the other could not polish off his skillet-sized center cut ham steak. Eating leftovers today, along with some boudin from Rouse's.

I'll send everyone home tomorrow, and I'll meander to Fairhope and Point Clear for a work-related event.

@Brandon Van de Graaff Get this.

Looking east or west, there is a CFA within 10 minutes. But.

LIttle known...there's one on Charleston Southern's campus. That's a five minute bike ride.

Hot. Fresh. The peanut oil is always clean. Ya wanna know what's even crazier? I don't get charged for the cafeteria there. I"ve tried to pay, and they won't take the money. Part of this comes from Gabe. But it's still; weird.

I get it... The CFA in the Ferg is still my go-to pregame spot on game days when there's no tailgate to attend (or if I'm not meeting someone for lunch elsewhere). I'll go in there and place an order, then sit and watch some other games and enjoy the AC before heading to the stadium...

You ever visit Punta Clara's kitchen... next door to the Wash House? Homemade candies and such... nothing in there is cheap, but everything is good...
Yes, we went there a couple of years ago, took bikes from the Grand Hotel and I had my two grandkids tucked into a trailing carrier. We had the lemonade and some candies, and I think a few other things. We eat at the Wash House every year (will again on Thursday), along with Jesse's in Magnolia Springs (tomorrow night). We went to Hope Farm for lunch last year, heading there for supper tonight. I'm not sure where we're eating on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom