| FTBL Hell has Frozen over....

Much like Saban (or anyone, really), he can giveth and taketh away in terms of practice access. He will run a much more "open" program than our fans have been used to (for the last 17 years) though. For example with the assistants, Saban preferred 1 message to emit from the building, his. Nothing at all wrong with that. DeBoer prefers to have his assistants share the message, he sees advantages in that. Nothing wrong with that either. There's certainly some common threads and similarities between DeBoer and Saban, but there's also some striking differences. The access to the staff will be just one of many that fans will soon notice, hear about, or read about.

Much like Saban (or anyone, really), he can giveth and taketh away in terms of practice access. He will run a much more "open" program than our fans have been used to (for the last 17 years) though. For example with the assistants, Saban preferred 1 message to emit from the building, his. Nothing at all wrong with that. DeBoer prefers to have his assistants share the message, he sees advantages in that. Nothing wrong with that either. There's certainly some common threads and similarities between DeBoer and Saban, but there's also some striking differences. The access to the staff will be just one of many that fans will soon notice, hear about, or read about.

There will be many differences from the past 17 years. There will also be many similarities. Both will be pointed out and both will be identified as right and wrong.

I prefer everything stay as tight as possible. Loose lips sink ships. We know certain things get out no matter who is running things, but I like the mystery behind the program that makes people guess and wonder how it's happening or going. As much as I yearned for more information on the inner workings of our program, I also knew that is why I valued places like this where we could get some of that information. Just a preference of mine, but if Coach DeBoer wants it open, open is what it'll be.

I think it's going to be a good change not just for the fans, but with people inside the program. It's a fresh air of breath. I know the staff meets each day and come out of the meeting with same message. I like the open access to the practice this spring, but it doesnt' mean it'll be the same this fall. I think it's done to show everyone they're trying to recuit people and see how it works.

I think it's going to be a good change not just for the fans, but with people inside the program. It's a fresh air of breath. I know the staff meets each day and come out of the meeting with same message. I like the open access to the practice this spring, but it doesnt' mean it'll be the same this fall. I think it's done to show everyone they're trying to recuit people and see how it works.

It'll be good for most, there will be a pocket of fans who fill themselves with rage every time DeBoer deviates from a path Saban took... but those types shouldn't be taken seriously anyway. But yes, according to people within the building, the air inside it is less tense these days. Some of the holdovers are having to adjust to how those meetings are handled... nothing bad, just a 180 in terms of style... much more... less formal, I'd put it. The work still gets done though, just differently.

Stallings wasnt the control freak Than ns was. Had good relationships with press...
And was successful....

Of course this is much different world than the 90s......but

Coad D has to be his own person...and run things his way...sit back n enjoy...

And..yes...yesterday..i renewed my season tickets...after the Eli thing....I almost didnt...but want to continue to support...BAMA..

It'll be good for most, there will be a pocket of fans who fill themselves with rage every time DeBoer deviates from a path Saban took... but those types shouldn't be taken seriously anyway. But yes, according to people within the building, the air inside it is less tense these days. Some of the holdovers are having to adjust to how those meetings are handled... nothing bad, just a 180 in terms of style... much more... less formal, I'd put it. The work still gets done though, just differently.
Exactly. We have change of leadership almost every year at my job, and we have to adjust to meeting style and etc. So this is nothing new.

IE: Three coaches on "Next Round Live" today: DeBoer, Wommack, and Sheridan.

You were considering not supporting the football program and the athletic department because of a decision made by Learfield, owner of CTSN?
No. I supported program even before i had STs...
your seperating LF Sports amd Uof A

Learfield sports does not own Bama....they may have a contract but the UofA has input...
To think The UofA has no i put in decisions and LF sports owns them ...is naive

No. I supported program even before i had STs...
your seperating LF Sports amd Uof A

Learfield sports does not own Bama....they may have a contract but the UofA has input...
To think The UofA has no i put in decisions and LF sports owns them ...is naive
Yes, it’s a Learfield and CTSN decision with heavy input from UofA. But UofA has to focus on the quality of the output. Was Eli’s performance in 2023 up to par? No. Did his illness impact the output? Probably. Will Eli’s output get better? Probably not (but it could stay equal to 2023 in the short term). Eli’s response to his dismissal wasn’t optimal. The more that comes out the more I agree with the decision. Yes, Eli has a long history, but sometimes changes need to be made especially in this transition to DeBoar.

I am sure bama has more than just "" heavy input". If not. Whoever sold the store needs to be hung.
Eli removal. If related to Coach D incoming is dangerous for Coach D. Most i talk to favor Eli getting " one more year". Shocked that you dont.

But what the hell. The way cf is changing. Probably move the crimson Tide franchise to Atlanta or New Orleans or something like that before long where they can get more money to pay high school kids to say they go to school and attend classes ( which i doubt if even is required )

Probably should have saved myy 2300$
IMG_3326.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom