| BSB/SB ⚾ Hearing Riley is out for the season.

Please don't jinx the team
Hopefully I'm doing the opposite.

0klAcI.gif

Had a bad feeling when he left the game after only 40 pitches or so last week, but I was hoping it was something minor. But every year at least 1 front line guy goes down to a significant injury, it's beyond frustrating. This is worrisome for a few reasons... Riley had a very good chance to be a top 5-6 Saturday starter in the entire league. Now, he's getting replaced by a guy who was already on a short Sunday leash. That's not to say Moza can't step up, we saw it happen last year with a few guys, but it's asking a LOT. I love the idea of Alton Davis II moving into a starters role, but it's robbing Peter to pay Paul right now... really need a guy or 2 to step up on the backend and show they can close games out. Chances are, at this point... just 1 week into the year, Davis is going to be needed as a starter in league play at some point (IMO)... there will be other injuries... just hope they are minor. And hope that Hess, who has had his issues with them, isn't one of the one's who gets bit.

Back
Top Bottom