| FTBL Head sewn to the carpet

bamascw

To quote the great Clark W. Grizwold

If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn’t be more surprised than I am right now.

What a game, I am so impressed with the offensive line, the way Bryce broke down the secondary line a maestro, the way the secondary stepped up, the way the team played. Hell, even Golding and OBrien are looking like a new penny.

I’m sure we shall see them again but today I am reveling in a sweet victory.

To quote the great Clark W. Grizwold

If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn’t be more surprised than I am right now.

What a game, I am so impressed with the offensive line, the way Bryce broke down the secondary line a maestro, the way the secondary stepped up, the way the team played. Hell, even Golding and OBrien are looking like a new penny.

I’m sure we shall see them again but today I am reveling in a sweet victory.
To quote Cousin Eddie (not Mullen) - They looked "good Clark, real good!"

The most surprising thing was pass protection. The line did an EXCELLENT job, especially picking up blitzes, and B-Rob is a part of that. He deserves all the credit in the world for going out there and busting his ass virtually on one leg. Trey Sanders made some big runs too. Not having Metchie for the playoffs and possibly even Sanders is gonna be an issue, though. We gotta enjoy this one, though.

So after The Who and the boogs defensive schemes shut us down, uGaly doesn’t employ the same tactics? May have been some arrogance on CKS part. “We are so good, we don’t have to do that to beat you” didn’t work. Expect to see the heavy blitz package next time around.

So after The Who and the boogs defensive schemes shut us down, uGaly doesn’t employ the same tactics? May have been some arrogance on CKS part. “We are so good, we don’t have to do that to beat you” didn’t work. Expect to see the heavy blitz package next time around.

I don't necessarily think it was arrogance on CKS part. Maybe a little, but thinking back to his time here. He was not a heavy blitz guy when he was our DC. I remember the 2012 game against Johnny Manziel out in College Station. They reiterated over and over that they wanted to get a push with the front 4 and contain him.

I could see with that D line, him trying to do the same thing. While Bryce is not a run around type like Manziel, he has been known to burn you with his feet should the play deem in necessary.

I am surprised that the second half didn't seem to change anything for them. Seems like they would have done it more so in the second half and I was really surprised there was no JT Daniels.

Wont see them again....Michigan will run tempo and wear that d out

I am surprised that the second half didn't seem to change anything for them. Seems like they would have done it more so in the second half and I was really surprised there was no JT Daniels.
Ok think about the 2nd half, Bama really did not do a whole lot except for the TD throw on the first drive of the 3rd qtr and then the last drive to take the air out of the ball. UGA defense played much better in the 2nd half. Also UGA moved the ball but Bama got stops in the red zone with an interception, turnover on downs and another pick six. We need to look at this w/o the bias of the score? The D and offense had its struggles but were mask by the awesome 2nd qtr and pick six. Yes trying to tap the breaks a little bit. Do not get too high or low because the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Ok think about the 2nd half, Bama really did not do a whole lot except for the TD throw on the first drive of the 3rd qtr and then the last drive to take the air out of the ball. UGA defense played much better in the 2nd half. Also UGA moved the ball but Bama got stops in the red zone with an interception, turnover on downs and another pick six. We need to look at this w/o the bias of the score? The D and offense had its struggles but were mask by the awesome 2nd qtr and pick six. Yes trying to tap the breaks a little bit. Do not get too high or low because the truth is somewhere in the middle.
Just got a bit more conservative with a big lead....
And no RB....or running game....

Possessions were under 2 minutes when they needed to run clock..

It was a dominating performance....by the real bama team...that finally showed up....( i hope)...

Somebody put Cincinnati in the gorilla cage and took the blindfold off....

Just got a bit more conservative with a big lead....
And no RB....or running game....

Possessions were under 2 minutes when they needed to run clock..

It was a dominating performance....by the real bama team...that finally showed up....( i hope)...

Somebody put Cincinnati in the gorilla cage and took the blindfold off....
Agree you saw the real Bama team however that is the exception for this team this year. Hope the switch flipped and it becomes the norm but inconsistency has been the identify of this team this year. With that said 15+ practices and getting people healthy should benefit Bama significantly in my view as long as they have their minds right.

Agree you saw the real Bama team however that is the exception for this team this year. Hope the switch flipped and it becomes the norm but inconsistency has been the identify of this team this year. With that said 15+ practices and getting people healthy should benefit Bama significantly in my view as long as they have their minds right.
Yep....getting people healthy is a key....and a few receivers on the same page as BY....

I don't necessarily think it was arrogance on CKS part. Maybe a little, but thinking back to his time here. He was not a heavy blitz guy when he was our DC. I remember the 2012 game against Johnny Manziel out in College Station. They reiterated over and over that they wanted to get a push with the front 4 and contain him.

I could see with that D line, him trying to do the same thing. While Bryce is not a run around type like Manziel, he has been known to burn you with his feet should the play deem in necessary.

JT Daniels will not likely see much game action when it matters. Word from within their program is he is a sissy for lack of not saying the real word they used to describe him. It's more of he doesn't want to get hit and potentially get hurt, so that's why he's not in, not because Kirby doesn't want him in.

Back
Top Bottom