| FTBL Have I missed something?

Phil

Verified Member
First off, I did take the tickets. I was in section 419 at the Arky game and it was hands down the greatest sporting event I've ever been to. Like others have already said, I think everybody is a little more "into it" this year. The crowd was up and behind the team at times late in the game that even I was just about out of gas. On that last drive, I was still thinking Shula-ball and never thought we had a chance. Even on the game winning play, I was so consumed by the flag I barely saw the catch. What seemed like hours later, I saw the "penalty declined" motion from the rest and went nuts like everybody else. An almost continuous "Rooooll Tide" chant down the ramp and high fives all the way to car from total strangers really capped the night off well.

Anyway, what's the deal with the pass interference call? I figured the Aubies' excuses would be that we only won because Mcfadden sat out the last drive, and that Nutt is an idiot for passing on 3rd down. Instead, all I've heard the last 2 days is that we were "handed" the win by the refs. 1) because of the interference call in the end zone and 2) they took too much time on the 1st down measurement, giving Bama extra time to line up for the next play.

So did I miss something? I knew the PI call was borderline, but to people that saw replays on TV, how borderline was it?

Hi Phil,
I know what you mean about Shula ball. I was watching on TV & when I saw the flag, I hit the floor (literally) & just KNEW it was coming back!
Same old story, ya know?
We've got to get used to Saban ball.
As far as the PI calls, hey, Arky should've been called on at LEAST 3 more! Especially when Arky's receivers kept knocking down Simeon Castille!
I could not believe it.
Tit for Tat is what I say!
Bigalspal

they can come with all the excuses they want but the corner hooked Keith's right arm, period. that is pass interference. not to mention at least 2 other PI calls they didn't call on Arkansas, AT LEAST, that i saw. one was RIGHT IN FRONT OF AN OFFICIAL on the field goal drive the corner pretty much raped Keith Brown but no call. and earlier in the red zone one of Arky's TE's shoved Simeon while the ball was in the air so he wouldn't pick it (which he would've and possibly took it 102 yards back cause there wasn't anyone in front of him).

Birdman37 said:
they can come with all the excuses they want but the corner hooked Keith's right arm, period. that is pass interference. not to mention at least 2 other PI calls they didn't call on Arkansas, AT LEAST, that i saw. one was RIGHT IN FRONT OF AN OFFICIAL on the field goal drive the corner pretty much raped Keith Brown but no call. and earlier in the red zone one of Arky's TE's shoved Simeon while the ball was in the air so he wouldn't pick it (which he would've and possibly took it 102 yards back cause there wasn't anyone in front of him).

Yeah, that was a terrible one too.

so we win because refs and they lose because someone stole a laptop with thier plays. :roll: they just need to worry about their next game.

Back
Top Bottom