| FTBL Hats off to Ole Miss this morning. They've found a clever way to skirt summer coaching rules in my

TerryP

Staff
As many of you know, coaches aren't allowed to coach or tutor players in summer workouts like 7 on 7 drills. Yet, Ole Miss has found a way to "skirt" this area of the rule book with a petition to the NCAA.

Under the guise of "monitoring his throwing mechanics" to prevent further injury the NCAA gave Ole Miss quarterback coach a waiver to work with Bo Wallace this summer.

It's a clever move by Ole Miss. No matter how they describe it I'll be hard to convince there won't be tutoring sessions whenever Wallace is working out with his receiving corps.

Schools, like ours, take advantage of "loopholes" within the system all the time. Ole Miss certainly found a good one here.

Coaches are not allowed to tutor or talk football with players during the summer months, but the NCAA has granted an exception for Ole
Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace, who missed spring drills due to should surgery, explained the situation to Parrish Alford of the Tupelo Daily Journal.

Wallace said, "The NCAA granted that Coach Werner could be out there to watch me, so that my mechanics remain the same so I don't reinjure myself. That's been really helpful."

"I think they are a lot better than last year. With the shoulder injury, my release got longer towards the end of the year. My mechanics got really bad towards the end of the year. I think they are a lot better this year."

Wallace, however, is not throwing with his receivers at this point, so it's not like Werner is able to evaluate the new freshman and/or progress of the other quarterbacks.

In early July, Wallace will begin throwing to his receivers in 7-on-7 drills.

It is unclear whether the time length Werner will be able to monitor Wallace's progress.

its a smart move by them, manipulating rules to your benefit I would guess has been around since college football began and it will always be, Ole Miss has got alot riding on this season in my opinion, should the Freeze squeeze out a big time winning season, he could have that program turning to a west power....I dont like his persona but he may put Ole Miss at # 3 in the west, and yes that means hes got to beat ATM or LSU to do it...will be interesting and I got a gut feeling he may pull out an upset this year...going out on a line

its a smart move by them, manipulating rules to your benefit I would guess has been around since college football began and it will always be, Ole Miss has got alot riding on this season in my opinion, should the Freeze squeeze out a big time winning season, he could have that program turning to a west power....I dont like his persona but he may put Ole Miss at # 3 in the west, and yes that means hes got to beat ATM or LSU to do it...will be interesting and I got a gut feeling he may pull out an upset this year...going out on a line

I'm not disagreeing with their chances on a decent showing in the west this year. Hell, Howard and I were talking about this very thing last night. One of the games I think bears paying close attention to this fall is Ole Miss vs A&M.

That said, you've said something that catches my eye.

What about his persona do you not like? Curious.

I have Ole Miss finishing #2 in the SEC West in 2013. I have them going 9-3 (6-2) losing at Texas, at Bama, and to LSU. I would have them 10-2 & 7-1, except that I think they suffer the same fate that Bama did against ATM last year. After an emotional Ole Miss win over ATM, LSU sneaks into Oxford and steals one.

I have both LSU and ATM at 8-4 (5-3) with LSU winning the HTH at LSU. LSU loses to TCU, at UGA, at Bama, and (what goes around , comes around) after an emotional LSU win over ATM, ARK sneaks into BR and steals one.

ATM loses to Rice, Bama, at Ole Miss, and at LSU. They finish fourth even if they beat Rice and go 9-3 & 5-3.

Last edited:
I have Ole Miss finishing #2 in the SEC West in 2013. I have them going 9-3 (6-2) losing at Texas, at Bama, and to LSU. I would have them 10-2 & 7-1, except that I think they suffer the same fate that Bama did against ATM last year. After an emotional Ole Miss win over ATM, LSU sneaks into Oxford and steals one.

I have both LSU and ATM at 8-4 (5-3) with LSU winning the HTH at LSU. LSU loses to TCU, at UGA, at Bama, and (what goes around , comes around) after an emotional LSU win over ATM, ARK sneaks into BR and steals one.

ATM loses to Rice, Bama, at Ole Miss, and at LSU. They finish fourth even if they beat Rice and go 9-3 & 5-3.

Ole Miss and LSU is a game I'm hesitant to call right now.

Their new offensive scheme should have success against Ole Miss. However, I can't get past the point of how LSU struggled on the road last year. They were averaging a little less than 16 points per game.

The Rebels increased their home scoring productivity last season by right at 17 points per game and finished averaging around 34 points per.

IF the LSU offense can find its way it's their game to lose. IF not?

I'm not disagreeing with their chances on a decent showing in the west this year. Hell, Howard and I were talking about this very thing last night. One of the games I think bears paying close attention to this fall is Ole Miss vs A&M.

Read post #11 in Brandeaux thread.

Ole Miss and LSU is a game I'm hesitant to call right now.

Their new offensive scheme should have success against Ole Miss. However, I can't get past the point of how LSU struggled on the road last year. They were averaging a little less than 16 points per game.

The Rebels increased their home scoring productivity last season by right at 17 points per game and finished averaging around 34 points per.

IF the LSU offense can find its way it's their game to lose. IF not?

LSU should not win at Ole Miss. Just as ATM should not have won at Bama last year. But they did. Same thing. I think LSU will win even though they shouldn't.

Read post #11 in Brandeaux thread.

What's this? You go to the point of finding out which number it is but can't link it? Or copy and paste it? :nana:

Without looking back, I'm betting the post you are talking about has to do with returning starters.

Assuming I'm right, that's something I was looking at on A&M's side November 11th, last year.

And, assuming I'm right, that's the thread where you mentioned Rice—an observation that caught my eye.

What's this? You go to the point of finding out which number it is but can't link it? Or copy and paste it? :nana:

Without looking back, I'm betting the post you are talking about has to do with returning starters.

Assuming I'm right, that's something I was looking at on A&M's side November 11th, last year.

And, assuming I'm right, that's the thread where you mentioned Rice—an observation that caught my eye.

Yep!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by 252BAMA

You might want to rethink ATM at Ole Miss. Only five 1A teams return MORE starters than does Ole Miss. Only nine 1A teams return FEWER starters than does ATM.

Ole Miss returns 18 starters from the team that lost by only a FG to ATM last year. ATM returns only 10 starters from the team that beat Ole Miss by only a FG last year.

I dont know Terry I cant put my finger on it....maybe its because he looks like Gary Busey LOL...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1aYHOajN64

Back
Top Bottom