| FOOD Grillin' and Chillin'...

planomateo

Figured I'd start a grilling thread. I grill out probably 3-4 times a week, chicken, burgers, steaks, kabobs, satays, or sometimes pizza.

Gonna grill some filets tonight. Costco sells USDA Prime grade beef, bought a beef tenderloin a few days ago. I processed it today and got 8 good sized filets and 3-4 small filets, plus another pound of steak I use in some stir fry next week.

I wrapped one of them in bacon. I smoked a 10+ lb shoulder yesterday, it's all gone now.

20150712_112354_zpslfsxddph.jpg

Ok, this was easily the best steak I've ever made. Holy smokes that marbling was good.

Put some olive oil, salt, and pepper on it and let it sit in a container to get up to room temp for about an hour. Then put it on the grill. WOW! I'm hooked on Costco's USDA prime tenderloin now. They have Prime Brisket which is really really good.

20150712_174548_zpsqe8pegqv.jpg

Didn't grill this, this is a place near me in Frisco, TX ...Hutchins BBQ. Really good stuff. Texas BBQ is about the best stuff out there in my opinion, don't need any sauce.

I got 1/2 lb of jalapeno & cheddar cheese sausage (2 links) and 1/2 lbs of brisket. I don't know which one I like more, the sausage is so damn tasty and the brisket just melts in your mouth w/ 2 sides, around $22.

20150723_125529_zpso7jmqklo.jpg

Hey buddies! I smoked a butt and a pork roast yesterday in my 30" Masterbuilt.

7 hours in smoker, then 31/2 in the over for the butt, the 31/2 in the smoker for the roast.

They are good.

I've got a tenderloin going now and going to do some honey glazed carrots with it. Just wrapped in foil and on the grill, no smoker tonight.
I did a loin last night as well......did the carrots too. Also, some fresh green beans and mashed taters. Will probably be doing the leftovers tonight.

Back
Top Bottom