| FTBL Grant disappeared from existence?

G

What has happened to Terry Grant? I know we have some talented guys in front of him but it seems like we could still use the dude some.

He has been used as a kick returner... and during the bye week Saban said that they would like to get him more involved in the offense soon. It is just a bit of a log jam of 3 guys in front of him that fit our style of offense better.

EDIT- just saw people reply above me.

Grant is more of a scatback-type runner as opposed to Coffee or Ingram being more of a "North to South" power kind of runner. He is used more as a second team and I think I've seen him on ST before as well (could be wrong). He has shown this year that he has dropped a lot of the juke and dance stuff that gets you no where in the SEC and he's shown to be more explosive and willing to play (not that he was or wasn't in the past). I like seeing him get some snaps.

Does anyone know if he wears the grey shirt for a reason or is it just his thing this year?

I think I'd rather take my chances with Coffee pounding the line than seeing Grant get swamped in there. He may see a position change to slot receiver before its all said and done.

I think we should use him if not in the back field more then put him at receiver. He has good hands and he is fast. He should be used with Javy to return kicks. He is to good of a player to just sit there.

TidePride50 said:
If Coffee is going to fumble every other carry, Id rather see Grant getting more touches.

The fumble against Ole Miss was not his fault from what I could tell. The Ole Miss player hit the ball head on with his helmet and Coffee had both arms around the football. Bad luck? Yes. Bad skills? No!

I felt really bad for him actually.

Coffee needs to do a better job of protecting the ball because in the end if he doesn't it will cost us. I really like Ingram and his style of running the ball. I think with more reps he gets stronger and could be one of the best that we have seen at Bama in a long time. He does not go down on first contact. Just my opinion.

fairhope4bama said:
Coffee needs to do a better job of protecting the ball because in the end if he doesn't it will cost us. I really like Ingram and his style of running the ball. I think with more reps he gets stronger and could be one of the best that we have seen at Bama in a long time. He does not go down on first contact. Just my opinion.

fairhope4bama,

Did you honestly think Coffee was not securing the ball properly when he lost it against Ole Miss?

I agree with you with regard to Ingram and he compliments Coffee very well.

UPCHURCH.....That dude needs a few carries or some timely screens like the UGA game...i would have loved to seen him or grant matched up against a LB in the man coverage Ole Miss and Kentucky seemed to run.

fairhope4bama said:
I like Coffee but he has had some problem this year holding the rock.

CNS made him walk around with a ball after the UK game IIRC. There seems to be some improvement so far. I think he will come around just fine. ;tr a$#

No doubt about the improvement. When you have backs running hard the way they do and taking so many hits, the ball will come loose every once in a while. This year I have seen the 2nd and 3rd effort from every back that has played and I am loving it. Roll Tide Roll

This question comes up about every week, and it's obvious that 3 guys are just ahead of him. It's mainly because of the style of play of those 3 guys, and it's obvious we're moving away from a scat back. If Grant does see the field, it will be on tosses, screens, and swing passes. I wouldn't be shocked to see him a little this weekend. I have a feeling Coach Saban is going to emphasize on getting the ball to play makers. Especially in the second half...

IMO, I wouldn't be suprised if Grant transferred after this season. I'd hate it because I'm a big fan of TG, but he has a lot of depth in front of him.

weezyfbaby00 said:
IMO, I wouldn't be suprised if Grant transferred after this season. I'd hate it because I'm a big fan of TG, but he has a lot of depth in front of him.

I can see that and I think Grant is a great player, but with only 9 seniors and one maybe two turning pro early and the fact that we have 16 signees already and looking to add nine or so more, some of this is bound to happen. Trent Richardson coming in will probably push Grant back even further and his play is worthy of being on the field with someone.

uagrad93 said:
I think I'd rather take my chances with Coffee pounding the line than seeing Grant get swamped in there. He may see a position change to slot receiver before its all said and done.

I agree, he has great break away speed and is very effective in the open field but he doesn't have the Perkilator's explosivness and power which is ideal for our offensive scheme.

Back
Top Bottom