| RECRUIT Got Our Quarterback Commit - Eli Holstein

If you'll go back and look at On3's reporting on Arch you'll see they flip more than fish on dry land. One week it's Texas leads followed by UGA, the next it's the opposite or you'll see Bama, then UGA, then TX.

The family has been tight lipped about his feelings. A lot of media personalities are speculating about where he lands. Just a week or so ago there was an article from Farrell linked here about how Texas was leading because of their quarterback.

Arch, nor his family, haven't given any "leans."

The only thing we, as Bama fans, know is it's highly likely Bama signs two QB's in the next class.

Those are quotes from Arch, or atleast they are publicizing them to be. Has nothing to do with what On3 is saying. I rarely rely on those recruiting guys for anything. I was just looking into his words and transcripts from other quick interviews he has done.

Personally....i hope ARCH goes anywhere but Bama....
I just dont want PM sticking his face in every Bama game...
And his AM little waiting game...pew!

EH is outstanding QB.... and development is the key....
Along with the 2 others....
Bama is in in great shape
Every Bama fan, alum, etc should want Manning to come to Tuscaloosa. Arch is a generational talent and to think we’re better off without him just isn’t thinking logically

Every Bama fan, alum, etc should want Manning to come to Tuscaloosa. Arch is a generational talent and to think we’re better off without him just isn’t thinking logically

Every top ranked quarterback every year is a "generational talent". I wouldn't turn down his commitment, but I'm not 100% sold on him. My comments on other threads about my concerns for him are on here.

He has a name known through a few generations. I can't go as far as calling him a generational talent; i see that as premature. How can a kid be considered a generational talent—based on his career to date—while he's being outperformed at Elite 11 camps this spring and summer? Personally (and I've seen this from a few evaluators) a kid like Imaleava has just as much potential. It's arguable he's found himself in a better position at UT (to the north) versus UT (to the west.) If I were coaching Bama I'd have taken his commitment quickly.

Those are quotes from Arch, or atleast they are publicizing them to be. Has nothing to do with what On3 is saying. I rarely rely on those recruiting guys for anything. I was just looking into his words and transcripts from other quick interviews he has done.
Those quotes you've cited here are all from the same interview. The same interview where he said he's planning on visiting LSU and Florida. In the same interview he mentions how he's not made a decision. Hell, he's not even made a decision on when he's going to make a decision. 🙃

“It’s kind of getting closer. I don’t really have a point yet, but I guess it’s kind of narrowing stuff down. I’m looking forward to (making a decision) either before the season or during the season or after the season. If I was ready I’d probably commit right now, but I’m not, so I’m just waiting.”

At the same time we have people taking these snippets and saying, "UGA leads" or "Texas leads." We're about three weeks removed from "Alabama leads."

One more assumption. His visit was scheduled before Holstein committed to Bama.

There are a handful who've mentioned Holstein being committed to Bama for several weeks now: it's just now "public."

I don't believe Alabama will end up signing both. I do believe we'll see fans from the schools he (Arch) doesn't choose saying "he's afraid of competition."

I do find it amusing there aren't that many talking about where Arch ends up that are looking at this from a football perspective. There are a few looking at this in "real time" while the majority are looking at this from a "look what might happen IF ..." perspective.

Here's an example:

Besides $$, why would any top QB go to any team that is in transition from B12 linemen size to SEC Linemen w/ a C grade career OL coach and a HC graded in the bottom 20 of the FBS? That sound nuts?

Those quotes you've cited here are all from the same interview. The same interview where he said he's planning on visiting LSU and Florida. In the same interview he mentions how he's not made a decision. Hell, he's not even made a decision on when he's going to make a decision. 🙃

At the same time we have people taking these snippets and saying, "UGA leads" or "Texas leads." We're about three weeks removed from "Alabama leads."

There are a handful who've mentioned Holstein being committed to Bama for several weeks now: it's just now "public."

I understand that. I said I was analyzing his words and everything he has said about all of those preliminary unofficial visits. He's spoken more about Athens as a whole than any other program. It's not just football focused, it's entire experience focused. Why would he be only talking football about everywhere else, but talking football and more about another if he wasn't smitten with his experience? He could very well end up at Alabama. It would shock me at this point, but I lost interest in the race for his signature a couple of months ago. I feel what we have, even before Holstein, is enough to keep us challenging for National Championships. I would hate to lose Simpson or Milroe due to his commitment as well I will say. I get both of those guys will be upper classmen by time he comes in and all, but I still like both of their playmaking ability over Arch.

I also made the comments a couple weeks ago regarding the media hyping the poor kid and making this whole thing a spectacle. I hope he can find some sort of normalcy and enjoy a good college experience. He's almost destined to be a let down based on all of the expectations and fawning over him by the media. They've built him up just based off his famous family and after the fact results they can try and hold him up to. Very unfair for the kid. I hope he succeeds solely based on that. I don't want him mentally messed up the rest of his life due to the pressure put on him by middle aged men in the media slobbering over a story.

I also made the comments a couple weeks ago regarding the media hyping the poor kid and making this whole thing a spectacle

He's spoken more about Athens as a whole than any other program. It's not just football focused, it's entire experience focused. Why would he be only talking football about everywhere else, but talking football and more about another if he wasn't smitten with his experience?
He's spoken more about Athens and two months ago there were reports Georgia was out (following Luke's resignation.) His father made a few comments on UGA and that interest was sparked by the relationship between the two.

I'd dare say there have been just as many reports covering Texas as Georgia with Alabama only trailing the two by a hair.

I'd also suggest what you're seeing as "more comments about Georgia/Athens" is a part of that media hype you mentioned earlier. Let's not quickly dismiss the UGA quarterback room and their three Heisman finalists from last year's roster. Where else would the media's attention be?

He's spoken more about Athens and two months ago there were reports Georgia was out (following Luke's resignation.) His father made a few comments on UGA and that interest was sparked by the relationship between the two.

I'd dare say there have been just as many reports covering Texas as Georgia with Alabama only trailing the two by a hair.

I'd also suggest what you're seeing as "more comments about Georgia/Athens" is a part of that media hype you mentioned earlier. Let's not quickly dismiss the UGA quarterback room and their three Heisman finalists from last year's roster. Where else would the media's attention be?

I never heard about the relationship dropping any due to Luke's absence. Vandagriff, it's shocking he hasn't left. Gunner Stockton has a ways to go before he's ready, so Arch would see time in Athens VERY quickly. Between Card and Ewers, who the hell knows what Texas has. We know what we have as Milroe and Simpson displayed at A-Day. Like I said, I have a feeling we're in third place right now and will be shocked if he commits to Alabama. But, crazier things have happened in college football recruiting. It would be fun to see what happens in his mind if Alabama smacks down Texas in Austin before he commits anywhere.

Every top ranked quarterback every year is a "generational talent". I wouldn't turn down his commitment, but I'm not 100% sold on him. My comments on other threads about my concerns for him are on here.
If I remember right( rarely do i know)
The QB at Clemson was a " generalization talent" UB or what ever his name is. Was ahead of BY in ratings...

So.. yeah.. big difference between HS and college

If I remember right( rarely do i know)
The QB at Clemson was a " generalization talent" UB or what ever his name is. Was ahead of BY in ratings...

So.. yeah.. big difference between HS and college

Trevor Lawrence, DJ Ugaileilei (sp?), Justin Fields, Bryce, Arch, CJ Stroud were all called generational quarterbacks at some point in their recruitment and careers in college. All of those guys within a three-four year period. I guess when I hear generational, I think of the best player at his position for the next 20-30 years, not a group of guys or even one guy in each class. But everyone has different definitions anymore, same with the usage of "GOAT"

While Arch has the name and the pedigree, I wouldn’t say generational talent. Also, look at the classification he plays in and the talent he goes against on a weekly basis. Holstein plays at the 5A level and put up better numbers against better competition. If he comes aboard, great, if not, BAMA is in a great position in the QB room much like we were with Hurts, Tua, and Mac. Those 3 faired pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom