| FTBL Glen Coffee's dreadlocks

What's being missed here is the story, and it's not about the 'locks.

He's been doing a lot of self-introspection lately and came to a crossroads. To say the least, if he was your child you would be proud of his decision on where he wants to be in life. This decision is something it takes years, decades for some to reach. At this age, the idea of taking this road in life is one to be admired.

I'm sure, if you chose to look, you could find an article about it on al.com. I believe I saw one linked earlier today on one of the forums.

TerryP said:
What's being missed here is the story, and it's not about the 'locks.

He's been doing a lot of self-introspection lately and came to a crossroads. To say the least, if he was your child you would be proud of his decision on where he wants to be in life. This decision is something it takes years, decades for some to reach. At this age, the idea of taking this road in life is one to be admired.

I'm sure, if you chose to look, you could find an article about it on al.com. I believe I saw one linked earlier today on one of the forums.

Isn't that the truth. God bless him. :)

Me: "Glen, what happened to your hair? Where did the Sideshow Bob look go?"

Coffee: "Oh, see I'm about to get baptized. I did it for my mom. I figured I could do something nice for her, for the big event and everything, so I cut it off."

Me: "You're getting baptized? Really? How did this come about?"

Coffee: "Just, I'm really trying to change, hit that turning point in my life, I just needed to take that step and move on from there."

Me: "Was there anything in particular that led you to this?"

Coffee: "No, just trying to basically grow as a Christian. Nothing really happened to make me do that."

Link to the article

Well if it not his choice then he would only be getting wet. But this is showing his faith in God.
Getting his hair cut. That show me he has respect for his mother.

i dont get where the question of whether he was getting baptized for himself or his mom came from? he said that he figured he would do something special for her and get cleaned up for the 'special moment' or whatever he called it. he cut the dreads for her. good to hear about the baptizing too. its never too late for that. i myself have never been baptized. :?

Well one thing is for certain...a Quizno's sub from the strip hits the spot, umm know what I'm sayin?

That's awesome, congrats to Coffee. I loved the dreads though...pretty intimidating IMO.

Tider 27 said:
Well one thing is for certain...a Quizno's sub from the strip hits the spot, umm know what I'm sayin?

That's awesome though. Congrats to Coffee, I loved the dreads though...pretty intimidating IMO.

I had Quizno's today as well. By far the best sub in my opinion.

Its great hearing about these kids really growing up. Has anyone read Shaun Alexanders book, this made me think about it. Awesome read.

Back
Top Bottom