3rd in SEC and 14th Nationally

Georgia

8th in SEC and 24th Nationally

Total Offense

Georgia

1st in SEC and 22nd Nationally

Alabama

6th in SEC and 57th Nationally

On the bright side, and how odd is this, the GAMEDAY crew will be on the spot defending us nationally. Scary...having Lee Corso have your reputation's back.

LBS said:
On the bright side, and how odd is this, the GAMEDAY crew will be on the spot defending us nationally. Scary...having Lee Corso have your reputation's back.

Corso has already started! He said "mark this down somewhere Bama is REAL. they are Good!"

LBS said:

I simply cannot stand Corso. He's almost up there with Holtz as far as sports guys I can't stand. I honestly don't know why he even has a job. Last night after watching the post game from the Plains they started talking about alabama and Corso said something to the effect that Alabama deserves to be in the top 10. I can't remember who corrected him and told him that we already were. If you're a "professional" football sports broadcaster, you need to atleast follow football.

When I'm playing NCAA 09 and get bored with play calling and do the "Ask Corso", his plays usually get me an INT or no gain in yards.

To sum it up, he sucks in reality and he sucks virtually. :roll: :lol:

CtrlAltieDel said:
BAMAPERRY said:
This is true. every other team has.

If we beat them by less than 10, it was luck.

If 'Bama beats them by more than 14, Georgia was overrated.

Either way, we beat them.

Not to be a sunshine pumper here guys, but given we've played a couple of puff teams. One would be suspect of those stats. You had better wake up, this not going to be a push over game. The dawgs are a real team. They're big, strong, and love to run the ball.

I'm happy we're playing well, but remember we've started off hot the last 3 years and didn't finish strong. This game is our NC game to me, also given has a HUGE impact and who will be playing the the SECCG. If we can come out and beat the dogs, then we're truly playing TIDE football!

Optimus said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
BAMAPERRY said:

Not to be a sunshine pumper here guys, but given we've played a couple of puff teams. One would be suspect of those stats. You had better wake up, this not going to be a push over game. The dawgs are a real team. They're big, strong, and love to run the ball.

I'm happy we're playing well, but remember we've started off hot the last 3 years and didn't finish strong. This game is our NC game to me, also given has a HUGE impact and who will be playing the the SECCG. If we can come out and beat the dogs, then we're truly playing TIDE football!

Of course, Alabama has played a tougher schedule than Georgia up to this point, you realize that.

Clemson was better than Arizona State. Arkansas and South Carolina are probably a wash. Tulane is better than Central Michigan. Western Kentucky and Georgia Southern, another wash.

So, really, if anyone should be worried about the talent level of their opponents up to this point and not knowing what to expect, it should be Georgia worried about us.

How important is a 4-0 start?

During the 10 year "stretch-o-suck"(tm), Bama started 4-0 just once - the 1995 10 win season. Prior to that, you have to go back the Stallings era...1996 10 win SEC west champs, 94 12 win SECW champs,93 SECW Champs, and 92 National Champs.

Other 4-0 years result:

1999 SEC Champs
1986 10 wins
1985 9 wins

Most of the time, when we start 4-0, good things happen.

Big_Fan said:
How important is a 4-0 start?

During the 10 year "stretch-o-suck"(tm), Bama started 4-0 just once - the 1995 10 win season. Prior to that, you have to go back the Stallings era...1996 10 win SEC west champs, 94 12 win SECW champs,93 SECW Champs, and 92 National Champs.

Other 4-0 years result:

1999 SEC Champs
1986 10 wins
1985 9 wins

Most of the time, when we start 4-0, good things happen.

Great post, Big Fan. Oddly, I feel calm about this game, no anxiety at all. Georgia didn't really impress me much against Arizona State.

Even if it is a brawl, for some reason it seems to me that Alabama has proven they can come out on top.

I don't think enough 'Bama fans are giving 'Bama enough credit for their success this season. We are, quite frankly, a damn good and solidly rounded team.

Stretch-O-Suck = Funny

I'm not nearly as worried about UGA as I am about LSU and the barn. I think UGA is a little soft. I guess we'll see. I think that the SEC east is way overrated this year and that the conference and college football as a whole is down this year.

Optimus said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
BAMAPERRY said:

Optimus is dead on here folks. I think it's up to our D line. Also, Stafford has a Sunday ticket punched when he finishes at Georgia.

billfish said:
Optimus said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
BAMAPERRY said:

Optimus is dead on here folks. I think it's up to our D line. Also, Stafford has a Sunday ticket punched when he finishes at Georgia.

Georgia may be big, strong, and they may love to run. The thing is, this coming Saturday, they are going to be facing a team that is better than them at running the ball. They will be facing the best running team in the SEC.

CtrlAltieDel said:
Pass Efficiency Defense

Alabama

4th in SEC and 13th Nationally

Georgia

8th in SEC and 54th Nationally

Passing Offense

Georgia

2nd in SEC and 29th Nationally

Alabama

11th in SEC and 105th Nationally

Passing Defense

Alabama

8th in SEC and 47th Nationally

Georgia

11 in SEC and 85th Nationally

Passing Efficiency

Georgia

1st in SEC and 15th Nationally

Alabama

7th in SEC and 69th Nationally

Rushing Offense

Alabama

1st in SEC and 14th Nationally

Georgia

4th in SEC and 35th Nationally

Rushing Defense

Georgia

1st in SEC and 3rd Nationally

Alabama

3rd in SEC and 8th Nationally

Scoring Defense

Alabama

3rd in SEC and 8th Nationally

Georgia

7th in SEC and 18th Nationally

Scoring Offense

Alabama

2nd in SEC and 27th Nationally

Georgia

4th in SEC and 29th Nationally

Total Defense

Alabama

3rd in SEC and 14th Nationally

Georgia

8th in SEC and 24th Nationally

Total Offense

Georgia

1st in SEC and 22nd Nationally

Alabama

6th in SEC and 57th Nationally

Based on this, we should win 42-28 or 18-12!!!

I honestly think we can beat them (badly) if we play our game. Our offensive and defensive lines are among the best in the country and in football, that's everything.If we don 't play our game and do not get good line play, we're toast.

Back
Top Bottom